Light-O-Rama Forums

Goodbye Tor

LOR Staff

Just a quick note to all of you to introduce Tor.  Tor is an LOR employee who is working on S4/S5/? with us.  Tor has actually been around since the S1 days 15 years ago and has worked on bits and pieces of the software since then - when he was not out on another assignment.

As some of you may have noticed, Bob retired last year from LOR.  That left us short.  Tor is now full time (almost) on development with us.  

Please extend the same courtesy to him that you do all of the rest of us on the dev team, and welcome him! :)

Welcome Tor.......cool name!  Full time at LOR and a new movie coming out in November :rolleyes:, busy guy.

Welcome Tor,

B.Y.R.G. is right - cool name :ph34r:

TIA advance for putting up with us and al the questions. :D

Alan...

Welcome Tor !     Does the T stand for something?     Guessing your middle name is O and last name Rama.  

Is DevMike going to let you have your own forum account?    Nevermind found it   Tor   wow you have been around a long time.  I see problem tickets from 2007.    

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

.... I see problem tickets from 2007.    

Welcome Tor.

2007? Kinda like now Tor is coming outta the shadows and into the light(orama). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mega Arch said:

Welcome Tor.

2007? Kinda like now Tor is coming outta the shadows and into the light(orama). 

Reminds me of the Undertaker when he first started on the wrestling scene, mystic.

Welcome TOR

JR

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back TOR! So.. based off this post I think I mis-dated my days in the LOR world.. Ive been on board since S1.. was thinking 12 years.. but sounds like more like 15? Man where does the time go??  Can't believe my first show was 8 channels and now its hundred's.. And now I'm behind and not even up to S3 or S4..

8 hours ago, lightningrod4life said:

Welcome back TOR! So.. based off this post I think I mis-dated my days in the LOR world.. Ive been on board since S1.. was thinking 12 years.. but sounds like more like 15? Man where does the time go??  Can't believe my first show was 8 channels and now its hundred's.. And now I'm behind and not even up to S3 or S4..

I joined almost 12 years ago and had V1 which was the latest version at the time. One of my earlier computers still has it installed.

Welcome TOR.

Just now, Santas Helper said:

I joined almost 12 years ago and had V1 which was the latest version at the time. One of my earlier computers still has it installed.

Welcome TOR.

Ok, so maybe im not as far off as I thought :) I still have the .exe's of the older versions saved just in case.

It's funny, but we actually don't know how old we are.  Or at least, when I asked the boss how old we were, he said 'I dunno!' ;)

I did do some digging for this year's expo presentation to see if I could come up with something.   Looking at some of the saved S1 code, it dates back to 2004-2005.  But that was when we started to 'save' things.  It was on someones computer long before that.

A whois lookup on lightorama.com shows it was registered by Dan on April 24, 2002.  

By using the Internet Wayback Machine, we see the first scrape of the site in June of that year (just a parking page). In September of 2003, we see the first 'real' pages of the company appear (which indicates the site went live sometime between June 2002 and September 2003).

I consider April 24, 2002 our birthday.  We were 15 in April.  

I joined in June of 2009, so a couple of months ago I could start saying "I've been with LOR longer than not!" :P  (7 years without me, but now 8 years with)

Nice research! I know ive used their equipment countless years and still continue to do so. Now if only I could get my first controller purchase working again, its the infamous CTB-08D. Been good up until last year when it kept clearing the start address.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the "Light"... Tor-O-rama..

I guess I SHOULD actually change my banner below to read... over 100 channels...

Edited by a31ford

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tor we hardly knew you!

After many years as part of the LOR family, Tor has decided to move on to a new opportunity.

As we said before, Tor was involved with LOR from the start, and his loss will be felt for some time.

We wish him all the best luck in the future and thank him mightily for all he has given to us!

Go get em Tor!

I now go back to my "Undertaker" comment. Out as mysteriously as TOR came in.

TOR- now that would be a cool bumper sticker!

Best of luck TOR

JR

• The topic was locked