Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor

lstewartff

Ok this may be an odd question but here goes. I have had my LOR for one year. All of a sudden I am having trouble loading sequences into the editor. I can do a new sequence but when I play the sequence it will not play right. The music plays fine but the sequence hesitates. When I try to load a sequence it will not load and just says LOR sequence editor not responding. So here is my question if you don't renew LOR will the editor start doing this or do I have another problem? I just used it the other day and it did fine loading and playing sequences.

IS there a way to uninstall LOR and reinstall without loosing any of my files?

Uninstalling LOR should not affect your sequences.  With that said, I would HIGHLY recommend making sure you have them backed up before you begin.  Further, I will recommend that you read at least the first post in this thread:

Thanks for the reply. I will make sure to do that first. I just don't understand why it will not load the sequences when it was working the other day.

To answer your other question, you can go without ever renewing your LOR software.  The only limitation is that you won't be able to upgrade if you renew.  The software will continue to run forever.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I will make sure to do that first. I just don't understand why it will not load the sequences when it was working the other day.

Sometimes we make it too hard too. I like it simple. Try restarting your pc. Not shut down and turning back on. A true restart resets the program. Worked for me. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happens from time to time. I find that it normally happens on those digital made or remastered song files. I have had to uninstall and reinstall several times. Just make a backup of your LOR folder however I only lost a few sequences that I could tell. I just copy pasted the backup and all was well.

Normally you will get those all tale signs, start making scratching sounds or warp speed through your working frame. Sometimes it just freezes at the very end of a song. 

I just get used to it.

JR

19 hours ago, lstewartff said:

... All of a sudden I am having trouble loading sequences into the editor. I can do a new sequence but when I play the sequence it will not play right. The music plays fine but the sequence hesitates. When I try to load a sequence it will not load and just says LOR sequence editor not responding.

Have you tried waiting for a bit - maybe 30 seconds or so - before reacting to the "not responding" alert?  With all my pixels, most of my sequences take long enough to load in the SE that Windows gets all antsy and believes the LOR software has stopped responding when it really hasn't.  On my newer, faster laptop that doesn't occur, but it does on my older, slower Win 7 desktop.

The sequence hesitating can also be an artifact of not quite enough processing ability.  I've seen this since S2.  It only happens when the screen shifts during playback.  A LOR guru told me back then to go to the Play menu and uncheck "Move Grid With Play" and also "Vary Color of Channel Button Fonts".  Problem solved.

Edited by George Simmons

4 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Have you tried waiting for a bit - maybe 30 seconds or so - before reacting to the "not responding" alert?  With all my pixels, most of my sequences take long enough to load in the SE that Windows gets all antsy and believes the LOR software has stopped responding when it really hasn't.  On my newer, faster laptop that doesn't occur, but it does on my older, slower Win 7 desktop.

The sequence hesitating can also be an artifact of not quite enough processing ability.  I've seen this since S2.  It only happens when the screen shifts during playback.  A LOR guru told me back then to go to the Play menu and uncheck "Move Grid With Play" and also "Vary Color of Channel Button Fonts".  Problem solved.

Yea I was letting it sit for 10-15 min. and nothing. but good news. I turned in a help desk ticket and they helped me wipe out the LOR registry and reinstall. Now it is working. Maybe I can be ready for Christmas now.   Thanks for all the responses.

• Like 1