Light-O-Rama Forums

Software V4.3.18 Pro transferring a CCR tree from S4 CCR16

Obejohnknobe

I have a 16 WS2811 pixel tree (100 pixels per strand) and have the software version 4.3.18 Pro.  I would like to transfer a purchased sequence that has S4 w/16CCR license.  Will it transfer to my software to include the megatree prop and will it work with 2 pixie 8s?

Thank you in advance!

John M.

John,

Your question and where you posted it does not make sense.  You are asking this in the Pixel Editor section of the forum, but you mention S4 with 16CCR license.  The only place a license specifies number of CCRs is for SuperStar, and there is no 16 CCR license level in SuperStar (goes from 8 CCR to 24 CCR).  So, is the sequence you purchased in SuperStar format (.sup file), or in a Sequence Editor format (.lms file), and are you trying to edit it (or the rest of your show) in SuperStar, Pixel Editor, or sequence Editor?

In general, the answer is yes, you should be able to use the purchased sequence.  Note that if it is in SuperStar format, you will need to have a SuperStar license in order to do much with it.  You will be able to edit it without a license, but you would not be able to export the file without a license.  However the vendor you bought it from likely can send you the file in .lms format.

Thank you Jim!  I did forget to add the Superstar with the CCR.  The sequence I want to purchase is for a 16 strand CCR Mega Tree and should have caught my mistake.  There is so much to this software depending what you want to do that it often overwhelms me just like MS Office 16.  I have all of these visions of grandeur to make my show good but stumble a lot.  Here is what it comes with Two (2) files, One(1) "sup" file to view in Superstar and One(1) "Sup lms"  for your Light-O-Rama S3 sequence editor and show.  Does this meet the requirements to upload?

Thank you,

John

That pretty well answers it.  the .sup file is in Superstar format which can be edited in SuperStar, but you have to have a SuperStar license in order to export it..  The .sup.lms file is the export from SuperStar that can be edited in Sequence Editor or Pixel Editor.  This version does NOT require a SuperStar license - as it has already been exported for you.

Thank you Jim for that explanation.  I do have a Superstar License with 2 CCR on it as well as the Pro version so this should work well and can edit it needed.  Again, Thank You!!!

John

48 minutes ago, Obejohnknobe said:

Thank you Jim for that explanation.  I do have a Superstar License with 2 CCR on it as well as the Pro version so this should work well and can edit it needed.  Again, Thank You!!!

Only one issue.  Your 2 CCR SuperStar license won't allow you to export a 16 string x 100 pixel file.  You would have to upgrade your SuperStar license level.

51 minutes ago, Obejohnknobe said:

John

You state you have a SS license for two CCRs, that won't be enough to edit and export a 16 strand tree you would need the license for 24 CCRs. Yes you would be able to edit the tree in SS but after editing you wouldn't be able to export it to SE.

You also stated that your tree is 100 pixels (300 channels) per strand but the purchased sequence will only be 50 pixels (150 channels) per strand so you will be missing half on each strand.

You got me on this one Jim.

Edited by Mr. P

John

I had not thought of the 100 versus 50 pixels so good catch!  Just priced the new CCR license, ouch $170 to upgrade.  Looks like I will have to do some more research on finding a sequence that will fit my tree.  Thank you for your help!

John

15 minutes ago, Obejohnknobe said:

John

I had not thought of the 100 versus 50 pixels so good catch!  Just priced the new CCR license, ouch $170 to upgrade.  Looks like I will have to do some more research on finding a sequence that will fit my tree.  Thank you for your help!

John

One more thing, your tree at 100 pixels and 16 strands is 4800 channels. If you wanted to program that tree in SS you would need the 40 CCR license which covers up to 6,000 channels. The 24 CCR license only covers up to 3600 channels. The 24 CCR license would cover a normal tree but yours is twice that. Just an FYI.

Holy cow!!!  I might want to resize my tree now as it is easier to cut it down to size and lose maybe $20 in supplies than upgrade to the 40 CCR (at least until I am ready).  Thank you for your insight as I would have spent the money and not  know why it is not working.

Thanks again!

John

5 minutes ago, Obejohnknobe said:

Holy cow!!!  I might want to resize my tree now as it is easier to cut it down to size and lose maybe $20 in supplies than upgrade to the 40 CCR (at least until I am ready).  Thank you for your insight as I would have spent the money and not  know why it is not working.

Thanks again!

John

You could actually use eight of the 100 strands and zig-zag the strands (50 up then 50 down) and only have to use one Pixie8.

You could make two trees out of your one.