Light-O-Rama Forums

mega tree base diameter

lstewartff

just wondering how big a round the base should be for a 12 - 15' tree?

As Mr. P suggested, play around with the calculator. I like about a 1/2 ratio. 12' high = 6'base - 15' high = 7-1/2' base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My 12' (half-round) tree ended up with a 7' radius because I used 9@ common 13.5' LED strings and I wanted the plug to end up about 1' above the ground.

32 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

My 12' (half-round) tree ended up with a 7' radius

Radius or diameter?  A 7 foot radius would make it wider than it is tall.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lstewartff said:

just wondering how big a round the base should be for a 12 - 15' tree?

And if talking about a spiral tree - check this one out:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0ahUKEwjCi_v7s5HVAhVUHGMKHWBfCzEQFghCMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lightsonsixth.com%2Fstuff%2FSpiraltreespreadsheet-97.xls&usg=AFQjCNGMCPK2xt7p9aIRAe4aAv9Io2Besw

Edited by Mega Arch

6 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Radius or diameter?  A 7 foot radius would make it wider than it is tall.

Yes, Radius

but that number is to the stakes that hold the mono filament line

The controller is next to the 12' post and 8" cords feed the strings (there is also a Star topper :) )

Ducks. I noticed you said half-round tree. Why did you choose to do a half round tree? is it better than doing a full one or would it be a preference to who is building the tree? If you cant tell this will be my first big tree haha.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:44 PM, TheDucks said:

My 12' (half-round) tree ended up with a 7' radius because I used 9@ common 13.5' LED strings and I wanted the plug to end up about 1' above the ground.

6 hours ago, lstewartff said:

Ducks. I noticed you said half-round tree. Why did you choose to do a half round tree? is it better than doing a full one or would it be a preference to who is building the tree? If you cant tell this will be my first big tree haha.

Small, yard. < 20' from road to (1 story :( ) house (and Rose bushes to dodge) .  I wanted a 'round' tree look when it was static (no LOR then), . The rear half would have gained me nothing from the street and allowed me to better fit a taller tree in the available yard depth.

BTW The tree is just 9  strings (4 now have a second string of WW along with the colored ones) of LEDs,, no animated pixels. That may make choice difference.to you. I'm a tech, not an artist :D, like many of you.

• Like 1