Light-O-Rama Forums

c9 sockets

Jeffery m

Ok guys I just got done making my first ever spt extention cord .I plugged some lights into it and it worked.However the problem is I put a c-0 socket on it to test my strobes and it is not coming on.There is only one stab on the socket and I made sure the nuetral went to it just like the vamps.So what did I miss/Help please

You say there is only one stab on it? Because there should be two one for the hot and one for neutral. 

ok I must have missed it but I was going by wide and narrow on vamps to determin the wire placement how do I know for the socket which is the nuetral

well after closer examination turns out the socket was bad working now thanks anyways

The bulb would still work even if you got the neutral and hot backwards. But for safety you want the neutral to hit the side of the bulb, so whatever pin goes to the side of the socket would be your neutral as opposed to the one that goes to the center which would be your hot. 

Also, just an FYI, on the SPT wire you can feel a rib going down one side of the wire that is normally the neutral wire. Technically it could be hot or neutral but it is good practice to try and keep the hot the hot and the neutral the neutral.