Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
default

How to create Visualizer .lee files in S5?

Recommended Posts

default    51

This issue has been raised in other threads and might get missed, so a thread is in order to address this seems appropriate.

Issue - How to create Visualizer .lee files in S5?

Background - In earlier version of the LOR suite it came bundled with a Program called Visualizer which allowed user to create very detailed visualizations for use with Superstar. In my case I have created props called Blade Spinner and Pixel Spinner. These props are not traditional straight line props. When they were created with Visualizer and called into Superstar, they would appear on the SS grid in a jumbled fashion and order that would make no sense when trying to sequence them in SS. I always had to rearrange the pixels in Visualizer so that when they were called into SS in made some sense when they were applied to the grid in SS. That meant that I ended up with 2 completely different .lee files. 1 for Row Visualization and 1 for Real Visualization. It was kind of a pain, but did work very well.

Current Issue - With the release of S5 beta, there is no more Visualizer program to do any of this. How are we to create .lee files to be used with SS in S5?

Alan...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrianBruderer    140

As you say, you cannot create visualizer files in S5 because the visualizer does not exist in S5. Instead, you must create one or more previews that represent your display. You can create one preview per prop, or you can create a preview that is a group of props. You can then use the "Insert Superstar effects" option in the sequencer to create sequencing for the preview you have created. This is what is recommended for any new sequencing that you do in superstar in S5

For existing sequences that you created in S4, it is going to be easiest to have a computer with S4 on it and if you need to modify the sequence you can continue to do it in S4 the same as you have done in the past

It would be desirable for the S5 Sequencer to be able to read in .sup files so that you can modify existing sequences that you have. We will work on adding that ability within the next month or so, but I cannot guarantee it will be finished this year. However, in the existing beta release, you can select the entire row of a sequence, use "insert superstar effects" and then when superstar launches you can open your existing .sup file and when you close superstar all of the effects will get stored in the S5 Sequencer. I have yet to test this method, but I will test it next week after I return from the Christmas Expo.

Hope the above makes sense. Please post again if you have further questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dougd    100

I dont see an option called insert super star effects.

Oops, found it.

Edited by dougd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilMassey    60

I said this in another thread, but I think it bears mentioning again.

Without Visualizer how can one monitor a show running from the show player. It is not possible to have the sequencer running during show play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in other words it's easier to do it in S4 probably because as of right now S4 is better than S5 LOR removed way too many useful tools from their "upgrade". This is worst than the time Microsoft removed the start menu from windows 8. 

 

Edit: you shouldn't have to run both versions to get all the features that our license covers. 

Edited by TitusCarnathan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
k6ccc    472

Hadn't thought about watching your live show via Visualizer, but yes I did that from time to time (including remotely). That would be nice to have back.


Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
default    51

Firstly Brian,

Thank you for taking the the time to answer my question, I realize that you are at the Christmas Expo and probably have more than enough to do there. Your timely answer is appreciated .

As I sat down to check the forums for an answer it occurred to me that I might be able to copy the LORVisualizer.exe file from my show PC (which still has 4.3.18 on it) and copy it into the LOR dir for S5. It worked. It would seem that LORVisualizer.exe (from 4.3.18) could be included in the S5 suite. Even if there is no update on it, it would still serve the purpose of allowing us to being able to create .lee file for use with SS. That would also allow us to use ItsMeBobo's excellent program Sharpin for tweaking the Visualizer files. The .lee files could then be imported into S5.

So in short, I found I don't have to have S4 and S5 installed on two separate PC's.

For anyone attempting this, copy the LORVisualizer.exe from S4. Be sure it is not the Shortcut link. It can be found in the C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama dir (depending on your OS version this have a slightly different path) The LORVisualizer.exe is roughly a 4mb file. Be sure to copy it into the directory of your S5 installation. I have directory on my desktop that has all the shortcuts for the programs in the LOR suite. However the LORVisualizer.exe MUST go into the main directory for LOR, if LORVisualizer.exe is put into the shortcut dir it will not work.

This is my workaround, Hope this helps.

Alan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
default    51
2 hours ago, dougd said:

I don't see an option called insert super star effects.

Where did you find this? I thought I had been all over this program.

TIA

Alan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dougd    100

Within a  selected in the grid, right click select "selected area" then click insert SS effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerry72    96

Unless they bring back the Visualizer,  am not upgrading.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
prevue12    3
31 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

Unless they bring back the Visualizer,  am not upgrading.

It's all in there, the visualizer is the first step now, (called something different).   I use two monitors, in S5 i can detach the "visualizer" and have it on the other monitor. very similar to S4.   Give it a chance.  

I do think biased towards,  and will work better, for RGB than traditional lights now. Like all things, there are some positives and negatives with changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
k6ccc    472
On 7/16/2017 at 8:08 AM, default said:

For anyone attempting this, copy the LORVisualizer.exe from S4. Be sure it is not the Shortcut link. It can be found in the C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama dir (depending on your OS version this have a slightly different path) The LORVisualizer.exe is roughly a 4mb file. Be sure to copy it into the directory of your S5 installation. I have directory on my desktop that has all the shortcuts for the programs in the LOR suite. However the LORVisualizer.exe MUST go into the main directory for LOR, if LORVisualizer.exe is put into the shortcut dir it will not work.

Did you get this to work?  I tried it this evening and although the Visualizer opens up, I just displays a blank screen and won't open a visualization.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dennis Laff    101

K6ccc if there is no visualizer in S5 how will we be able to sequence in SuperStar any ideas ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
k6ccc    472

In the current S5.0.0 beta, you can select small chunks in the S5 sequencer and sequence them in SuperStar and then bring that back into the Sequencer.  As far as I can tell, at this time, there is no provision to sequence multiple props at the same time in SuperStar (or in Sequencer for that matter).  With the loss of Visualizer, there is no way to have SuperStar display more than one prop at a time (except on existing visualizations).  I am sincerely hoping that the SuperStar integration improves over the next few months.

I can tell you without a shadow of doubt that my 2017 show WILL be sequenced and run in S4 - OK, the sequencing is mostly completed.  I can only hope that S5 matures enough by February when I am starting to sequence for 2018.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dennis Laff    101

ok so that's what I was trying to get to work the  insert superstar, that's it one prop at a time ? really. Thanks Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
k6ccc    472

Correct at this time as far as I can tell.


Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrianBruderer    140

You can create groups of props in the Sequencer. Do the following:

1) Launch the Sequencer

2) Click on the Tools menu and select "Manage Previews"

3) Click on the "New" button

4) Click on the "Create Prop" button and create an RGB prop

5) Click on the "Create Prop" button again and create another RGB prop

6) Click on the "Create Group" button, select the props you want in the group, IN THE "Arrangement" BOX BE SURE TO SELECT SOMETHING OTHER THAN "None". I would suggest selecting "Horizontal Stack" or "Vertical Stack"

7) Return to the main screen and click on the File menu and select "New" and then select "Animation Sequence"

8) Select an audio file, In the "New Animation Sequence" dialog box there is a box labeled "Preview (defines all of the display elements): click on the drop down for that box and choose the Preview group that you just created. Click on the "Create" button.

8) Expand the row that appears. There should be a row labeled "Motion Effects" and under that should be a black row labeled "Effects 01", select an area on the black row, right click and select "selected area" then in the flyout menu that appears select "insert superstar effect"

9) superstar should launch and you should see the group of effects you created.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jerry72    96
8 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

You can create groups of props in the Sequencer. Do the following:

1) Launch the Sequencer

2) Click on the Tools menu and select "Manage Previews"

3) Click on the "New" button

4) Click on the "Create Prop" button and create an RGB prop

5) Click on the "Create Prop" button again and create another RGB prop

6) Click on the "Create Group" button, select the props you want in the group, IN THE "Arrangement" BOX BE SURE TO SELECT SOMETHING OTHER THAN "None". I would suggest selecting "Horizontal Stack" or "Vertical Stack"

7) Return to the main screen and click on the File menu and select "New" and then select "Animation Sequence"

8) Select an audio file, In the "New Animation Sequence" dialog box there is a box labeled "Preview (defines all of the display elements): click on the drop down for that box and choose the Preview group that you just created. Click on the "Create" button.

8) Expand the row that appears. There should be a row labeled "Motion Effects" and under that should be a black row labeled "Effects 01", select an area on the black row, right click and select "selected area" then in the flyout menu that appears select "insert superstar effect"

9) superstar should launch and you should see the group of effects you created.

 

 

Way to much work. I already have my Viz files laid out for the year, think i will stick with my current version tell the Visualizer goes back to how it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
default    51
On 7/17/2017 at 8:39 PM, k6ccc said:

Did you get this to work?  I tried it this evening and although the Visualizer opens up, I just displays a blank screen and won't open a visualization.

Jim, sorry for the delay in answering.

I just went back and checked again that is does work and it did what you say, only starts with a blank screen - sometimes. If need be close LORVisualizer.exe in Task Manager and try again. I am still able to open existing visualizer files but can't create new files. When New is clicked it doesn't do anything. I can load, edit and save existing .lee files but that seems like about it.

Alan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
k6ccc    472

I'll try it again when I get to the computers that have the S5 beta installed.


Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×