Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple shows?

Gary Levelius

I'm going to be putting on a show at a local park this upcoming Christmas. I'm going to have two different shows, one running on the even hour and the other on the half hour. I know this is possible with a PC running the show, but is something like this possible with the G3 MP3 Director? Everything I'm seeing says no but I want to make sure.

-Gary-

I ran my Director with a timer, so you can do it if you connect it to a timer. You just need to set the dip switches in the timer. Mine is one of the old dial timers.

JR

JR, I don't think that's what he is trying to do.  He needs the Director to have a schedule of multiple shows.  I don't use a director, but if I recall, at least one of the Directors has a real time clock and can have multiple shows scheduled.  Someone familiar with the Director product line will have to chime in as to which ones have that capability.

The G3MP3 can schedule up to 9 shows on the SD card if programmed through the HU.

Edited by Mr. P

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

JR, I don't think that's what he is trying to do.  He needs the Director to have a schedule of multiple shows.  I don't use a director, but if I recall, at least one of the Directors has a real time clock and can have multiple shows scheduled.  Someone familiar with the Director product line will have to chime in as to which ones have that capability.

Both of the MP3 directors (the original and the G3) have the real time clock. That's exactly what I'm trying to do but from looking at the show creation functions of the hardware utility (on the MP3 tab), I appears that only one show can be scheduled per day for a set time frame, which is what I used to do at the fairgrounds. What I need to be able to do is repeat multiple shows, alternating on the half hour (show one on the hour, show 2 on the half hour) and it doesn't appear it'll do it.

-Gary-

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

The G3MP3 can schedule up to 9 shows on the SD card if programmed through the HU.

But each show can be only for a set period of time, not alternating as I want to do. And it'll almost do it except I need 11-12 shows to cover a 5pm til 10pm time frame.

Edited by Gary Levelius

Try this; say you have 20 sequences, in show one put the first 10 sequences and label that show 1 and run it from 5-6. In show 2 put the next 10 sequences and label show 2 and run it from 6-7. For show 3 use the first 10 sequences again and label show 3 and run from 7-8. For show 4 use the second set of 10 sequences again and label as show 4 and run from 8-9. Keep doing that until you fill up your five hours of shows.

Instead of repeating show 1 and show 2 every other hour you will be playing shows 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on, they will just have the same sequences in them. You can have up to nine shows, just space them evenly over your five hour time period.

Am I making sense?

That was about the idea I came up with too. 9 shows scheduled four a half hour each would handle the 5:30 to 10:00pm timeframe I was looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• The topic was locked