Light-O-Rama Forums

Spiral Tree Effect

mmais68569

Welcome to SuperStar.  You can do almost anything you can imagine with SuperStar.  Can you define in a little more detail what you mean by a spiral effect (I can think of several things that could mean)?  Can I assume this is on a circular tree (as opposed to a flat tree)?  How many strings?

This will be used on a 12 strip CCR pixel tree. 

The effect I am looking for is like the standard 16 string spiral tree, but instead of wrapping the strip around the tree make it look like it is twisted. Hope I am making myself clear.

Also making what I call a wave effect where it starts at the top & sort of twists across the CCR.

Mike

Still not sure what you are wanting, have you seen a similar effect in a youtube video that you could give us a link to?

OK, confirming this is a flat tree?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

42 minutes ago, mmais68569 said:

That link does not work right.  That I assume goes to your videos when logged in as you, but when not logged onto Vimeo (I don't have an account there), it just goes to a generic page.

Second link does not work for me, it shows a big black rectangle where the video should be. Did you set the video to be allowed to be embedded on Vimeo?

My bad I have No Script add on for Firefox, didn't see that it was a Daily Motion Video.

As far as the effect, I don't recall seeing that being done in Superstar. I suppose it might be possible. I did a similar effect using xlights, then copied and pasted into SE.

Alan...

Edited by default
Loose nut behind my keyboard :)

1 minute ago, default said:

Second link does not work for me, it shows a big black rectangle where the video should be. Did you set the video to be allowed to be embedded on Vimeo?

Wait a while.  It did the big black for me for at least a minute before I brought up the video.

If I understand correctly you are wanting to do something that looks like the spiral on the 360 degree tree in the video, but do it on the flat superstar tree. In essence, a 2 dimensional projection of a 3 dimensional effect. Unfortunately there is no easy way to do that in superstar. But as "default" mentioned, I hear you can do something like that in xLights, and you may be able to do it in the Pixel Editor as well. It depends on if that particular motion effect is in there, and I don't know the pixel editor well enough to say. And there are some new motion effects in the S5 Sequencer, so it may be one of them.