Light-O-Rama Forums

Bulb paint

Light_addiction

Hey everyone,  

Does anyone know where you can get a type of paint that you can put on the bulbs to restore the color of regular sings of lights? 

I have some items that have colored light bulbs and the color has faded or worn off. The bulbs still work, but I don't want to have to buy new bulbs. I live in Texas so the sun fades the lights pretty fast. 

Thanks for the help. 

One of the people on The Great Light Fight last year painted each bulb, so there is something out there, but I don't know what it is.  I have not used colored incan lights for decoration in several decades.

Use LEDs instead of incans and the problem goes away.

5 minutes ago, derekb said:

I could be wrong, but I think it was something like stained glass paint. 

I'll look into that. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

One of the people on The Great Light Fight last year painted each bulb, so there is something out there, but I don't know what it is.  I have not used colored incan lights for decoration in several decades.

I remember seeing that on the show. I have started getting LED'S, however, some of my wire frames have colored incans and I'm not going to go through the hassle of switching them to LED.  

41 minutes ago, Light_addiction said:

I'll look into that. Thanks! 

I remember seeing that on the show. I have started getting LED'S, however, some of my wire frames have colored incans and I'm not going to go through the hassle of switching them to LED.  

I wouldn't have the patience to sit down and paint all those bulbs, no way.  :D

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I wouldn't have the patience to sit down and paint all those bulbs, no way.  :D

I have the patience, but I also have a 4 and 9 year old that would love to do it. Lol

9 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Look up Christmas on Wendhurst on facebook. She posted the paint that she uses. Amazing display.

35 minutes ago, KeysNole said:

Look up Christmas on Wendhurst on facebook. She posted the paint that she uses. Amazing display.

Found them. Thanks for the name. 

On 7/15/2017 at 7:00 PM, Godney said:

Check out Krylon  they carry a glass spray paint that i have used it works wonders

I'll look into that. Thanks