Light-O-Rama Forums

No word on S5 yet??

Brucey

4 hours ago, ebrown1972 said:

I still plan on using Superstar no matter what but I cannot find a way to export effects from Superstar to S5. If someone figures this out please post it here.

There is hope! I just did and it worked, I am able to see the SS prop in action, then add SE effects to other props. It was a process which as soon as I did it, I had a brain fart and promptly forgot the steps. :wacko: I'll do it again and write the steps down. I'll start another thread to let this one die out. Something I wanted to try but didn't set the file up properly and that is to see if PE effects can be layered on top of SS effects.

Alan...

• Like 1

Yes you can layer PE effect over SS I just finished a sequence in PE. You can also create a SS sequence export as LMS. Then create a new musical sequence with your controller configuration and save it. Open that file in PE, Open the SS file you exported to create the LMS file in PE also. As long as the prop is the same​ in both SE And PE yo
Can use the migration tool in PE to bring The SS sequence in. You will get another screen to select the prop. My prop in PE is called CCR Tree. The same name as in SE. You check it in the box nd it will bring the complete file into the PE grid. If you click it and open the effects you will see it is a movie AVI format and you can also see the file location. At this point you can now create another effect pin wheel butterfly or curtain an insert it on the line under the SS file you migrated in. You can also do more as long as you have a SS license. I hope this helps and not confused anyone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 1:13 PM, k6ccc said:

Mike announced the 5.0.0. beta availability a few minutes ago.  I see my download is completed....

How did you get the download? Please respond or email to lmr020307@yahoo.com thanks

On 7/13/2017 at 6:15 PM, default said:

Don't give up on it just yet, in just a few hours of poking around there is lots of things possible and new features and effects now that were not in S4 or xlights. ie. multiple effects on the same (all) props at the same time (rgb) Some things have changed and that is to be expected. The lack of docs doesn't help the level confusion some are experiencing. If you are attempting to load existing sequences be sure to load COPIES or backups to play around with.

If you weren't using or trying PE before you might be behind the 8 ball a little. The docs are still available for PE. Watch the videos for adding effects in PE, it's very similar. If you like an effect, add it as a favorite to make it easier to get to.

It's too bad some seem disappointed, to me this opens a lot of possibilities for sequencing that haven't been available before. I am waiting for documentation.

Currently I am stuck on being able to load existing sequences that had both PE and/or Superstar Intensity files. I haven't figured out how to load Intensity files at all.

Remember it is a beta. You can always go back to S4.

Alan...

So where can I get the S5 beta from

See the announcements section of the forum. It was posted yesterday.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

Okay, I have been messing with S5 for three days now and I have gotten so frustrated that I have had to walk away from it. Trying to open something as simple as Channel Settings is really getting on my nerves. Click on a channel and nothing happens, the help file says click on the channel button but there isn't a channel button or right click on a channel and select Channel Settings but it isn't there. I don't even have channel buttons, I have a channel tree.

Gotta walk away for now, not going to throw a $4,000 laptop across the room.  :angry:

13 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Okay, I have been messing with S5 for three days now and I have gotten so frustrated that I have had to walk away from it. Trying to open something as simple as Channel Settings is really getting on my nerves. Click on a channel and nothing happens, the help file says click on the channel button but there isn't a channel button or right click on a channel and select Channel Settings but it isn't there. I don't even have channel buttons, I have a channel tree.

Gotta walk away for now, not going to throw a $4,000 laptop across the room.  :angry:

Yep, I also dislike/ hate change. I'm gonna wait, not even thinking about it, continuing to make faces sing as normal on S4. Once the bugs are worked out I still may wait to jump in since I'm not having problems.

JR

+1 With you JR will wait a while also would like to know the cost to upgrade to it i have 4.3.18 Pro no free upgrade waited to long

52 minutes ago, james morris said:

+1 With you JR will wait a while also would like to know the cost to upgrade to it i have 4.3.18 Pro no free upgrade waited to long

Should just be a standard renewal for $29.95

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Should just be a standard renewal for $29.95

Yep. Unless they come out and say otherwise, then it's just the standard renewal fee.

Well I downloaded S5 Beta version but can't figure out how to get superstar in S5  can anybody tell me. Thanks Dennis 

9 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Well I downloaded S5 Beta version but can't figure out how to get superstar in S5  can anybody tell me. Thanks Dennis 

Follow this thread Dennis.

I'm going to lock this thread for 24-48 hours.

Please keep discussions about S5 in the Open Beta General Comments section. This will help the developers find everything in one place.