Light-O-Rama Forums

No word on S5 yet??

Brucey

Surprised no ones making comments from the expo....Curious as to what it's going to do (besides merging SE/VI/PE)....

Couldn't afford to go to Expo so I don't know.  I have not heard of any Alpha testers outside of LOR, so either there are none, or no one is talking.

I just couldn't get the time due to prior commitments, but hopefully for those of us left behind, we'll hear something soon...

That is strange. The LOR work shop was Monday and Tuesday. You would have thought someone would have leaked something by now. Maybe they all had to sign a non disclosure :)

• Like 1

Mike announced the 5.0.0. beta availability a few minutes ago.  I see my download is completed....

Hey Admins, where do we report bugs??  I've hit 2 already and just installed it:  Here's 1 (and this was after a reboot)

3 minutes ago, Brucey said:

Too bad it won't let me upload a picture...says I can only upload files 20K in size

Total filesize on the forum is something like 500K.  Most of us upload the file onto a website or photo sharing site and post the link.  You can also go into your profile and delete old unneeded files.

4 minutes ago, Brucey said:

Hey Admins, where do we report bugs??  I've hit 2 already and just installed it:  Here's 1 (and this was after a reboot)

Go to the Open Beta Forums.

Groan.  From an initial look, it's just an updated version of Pixel Editor.  As far as I can tell there is no better integration with SuperStar (which is what I use for all my sequencing) than there was with S4.  Since I have NEVER been able to get Pixel Editor to do anything useful, this is a huge dis-appointment to me.

• Like 1

Agreed.  Maybe I'm missing something, but it just looks like they took PE and threw it into SE (or is it the other way around) and moved the models into a floating window.

I didn't see anything 'new' in Superstar.

Looks like 4.3.18 is going to be my last LOR software. Plus I have not been able to play a sequence in it yet.

Tried to install onto a clean machine, now it wont accept my licence. Guess I have to install 4.3.18 first and then upgrade.

Maybe this will be the push I need to go to SS

Edited by PhilMassey

1 hour ago, Brucey said:

Too bad it won't let me upload a picture...says I can only upload files 20K in size

Host pic on Photobucket- copy URL link and paste I. Your post

JR

I'm going to wait until the rest of you get the bugs worked out. As of now mine isn't broke and I get what I need done.

JR

Reminds me a lot of Xlights as you need to create all your props and everything first before you can do anything. Once the background image is installed and props created you can create a new sequence. After creating a new musical sequence the top reminds me of PE and the bottom half is SE.

The AC channels are still programmed the same way but I can't for the life of me find the color fade tools for RGB channels.

Oh the agony, I feel like I am starting over like I did when I first started five years ago.

Hi, I am Mr. P and I am an LOR newbie.  :D

Well, I played with it during a good portion of my lunch break, and I still have the same fundamental problem with Pixel Editor that I always have had.  The result is that I can't accomplish anything useful with it.

Reminds me a lot of Xlights as you need to create all your props and everything first before you can do anything. Once the background image is installed and props created you can create a new sequence. After creating a new musical sequence the top reminds me of PE and the bottom half is SE.
The AC channels are still programmed the same way but I can't for the life of me find the color fade tools for RGB channels.
Oh the agony, I feel like I am starting over like I did when I first started five years ago.
Hi, I am Mr. P and I am an LOR newbie.  [emoji3]

Wow, thats exactly what I was thinking, that they're now basically mimicking the xlights way of creating sequences!!

I was hoping for new models and easier way to control rgb's but I don't see it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a beta, let's hope they add more functionality before it goes into production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk