Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Sequencer License Question

mmais68569

I am currently a license for Sequence editor v. 4.3.18 Advanced with SuperStar Demo.

What I want to do is upgrade so I can use instant sequence in SuperStar in my show this year. I have 1- 12 strip pixel tree, w/50 pixels per strip.

So what license do I need to buy?

Thanks Mike 

SuperStar is licensed based on the number of channels to be exported.  The webpage on the Online store lists both the number of channels, and also the number of CCRs that fit within that number of channels.  12 strips of 50 pixels is 600 pixles or 1800 channels.  Therefore you would need the 24CCR / 3600 channel SuperStar license.

Also, in SuperStar, if you open Menu > Tools > Layout, the resulting box will tell you how many channels you have and the license level required.  In my case (currently), I have 5841 channels and that means that I have to have the 40 CCR license level (which I do).

BTW, There is FAR more to SuperStar than Instant Sequence, and I would encourage you to learn how to make use of it.  You will be far happier with the result.

Edited by k6ccc

$199 is way out of my budget. Guess I bought a boat anchor from Holiday Core, back to square one & spend $1400 to redo my mega tree.

Mike

Somehow that does not make sense!  You're willing to spend $1,400 to redo the tree, but not $199 for software that makes it run far better.  You'll have to trust me with this one, but SuperStar is worth every penny.  With that said, using it only for Instant Sequence is about like buying a Ferrari and only using it to drive to the mailbox at the end of your driveway.  Yes, there is a learning curve to SuperStar (like almost ANY complex software), but worth the effort.

• Like 1

Looking at using xLights to do the sequencing it is free. I have been a long time LOR user but seems like everything you want to do they want more money.

Mike

9 hours ago, mmais68569 said:

Looking at using xLights to do the sequencing it is free. I have been a long time LOR user but seems like everything you want to do they want more money.

Mike

Money = business FYI.  Not much in life is free.  I use Xlights for all of my sequencing except my tree.  Superstar is pretty amazing.  Curious where $1400.00 comes from?  I could build several 12 string pixel trees for that.. 

19 minutes ago, mmais68569 said:

bit the bullet and bought superstar.

Mike 

You mentioned that you wanted SS for the instant sequencer, I will guarantee that you will be highly disappointed with the instant sequencer as it is very generic and doesn't work all that great on a tree. However, once you get the hang of SS you can do a million things with it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Curious how the sequencing is coming? 

Your investment in SS is something you should not regret.  It took me 2 songs to learn SS and I have been hooked since.

Xlights is fine if you want effects.  Want to actually sequence?  Nothing better than SS imho.

Sax

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2017 at 3:17 PM, k6ccc said:

SuperStar is licensed based on the number of channels to be exported.  The webpage on the Online store lists both the number of channels, and also the number of CCRs that fit within that number of channels.  12 strips of 50 pixels is 600 pixles or 1800 channels.  Therefore you would need the 24CCR / 3600 channel SuperStar license.

Also, in SuperStar, if you open Menu > Tools > Layout, the resulting box will tell you how many channels you have and the license level required.  In my case (currently), I have 5841 channels and that means that I have to have the 40 CCR license level (which I do).

BTW, There is FAR more to SuperStar than Instant Sequence, and I would encourage you to learn how to make use of it.  You will be far happier with the result.

Just wanted to thank you for that reply. I know it's an old post but this just answered a question for me and now I know we only need a 2ccr license. We only have 64 standard channels and are wanting to try the instant sequence but the demo doesnt show it like the tutorials do.

Thank you for explaining how to view it in the layout area. Saw it immediately when I clicked on it.