Light-O-Rama Forums

Issues with Support?

DownTown

Greetings!

First a little background: I've been using LOR products since 2006, and have always received great products and service from them. Fast forward 11 years to current day. Actually let's roll the clock back about 6 weeks. I requested assistance with a CCF that was not lighting properly after years of use. They issued an RMA, and that week, I shipped the bad head back to them. They received it on June 2nd. I've heard nothing from them since they issued the RMA. I have re-opened my ticket, requesting a status update (twice). No response. I have called their office (twice), only to get Dan's recorded message. Is there trouble in River City? I hope everything is OK with Dan, Mary and company. Does anyone know anything about what's going on? I thought they might close down for the 4th of July holiday, but wanted to know if I should be worried about them.

Thanks for any info.

D.T.

There is nothing wrong.  

We are all getting ready for Expo, and preparing for a major software release  so we are very busy.  Repairs is currently swamped - they got 2 pallets of  controllers in from a couple of commercial customers and that has pushed them back.  

Your ticket is still in the queue.

There is nothing wrong.  
We are all getting ready for Expo, and preparing for a major software release  so we are very busy.  Repairs is currently swamped - they got 2 pallets of  controllers in from a couple of commercial customers and that has pushed them back.  
Your ticket is still in the queue.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to know that all is well.

D.T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

There is nothing wrong.  

Repairs is currently swamped - they got 2 pallets of  controllers in from a couple of commercial customers and that has pushed them back.  

Are you accepting applications for repairing LOR assets? I'm an electronics tech for FAA. :) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Are you accepting applications for repairing LOR assets? I'm an electronics tech for FAA. :) 

Would you really want to re-locate to New York?  :)

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Any day! The wife says otherwise but being originally from upstate (farm country) close to Fort Drum there is a heck of a lot more to do there that the armpit of America! 

JR

New York? No offense to current New Yorkers but someone could give me an all expenses paid penthouse, a seven figure salary and I would still have to say no way, not for me.

Being outside of Atlanta is bad enough but the wifey works at the CDC, so we have a few more years here then we're leaving.

17 hours ago, k6ccc said:

No Jim. Road rage would probably get me in trouble there. But I sure could use the cooler weather.

LOR can just source/contract me out and send the repairable assets to me. I repair and send back. :) 

13 hours ago, Mr. P said:

New York? No offense to current New Yorkers but someone could give me an all expenses paid penthouse, a seven figure salary and I would still have to say no way, not for me.

Being outside of Atlanta is bad enough but the wifey works at the CDC, so we have a few more years here then we're leaving.

There are 2 New York's. The city and then upstate.

However during all of my travels in and around NYC I find the traffic in Atlanta and  Birmingham to be just as bad if not worse based on the population.

I travel via pov to NY 2-3 times a year.

Also the crime here in Bham is worse. 

JR

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

There are 2 New York's. The city and then upstate.

However during all of my travels in and around NYC I find the traffic in Atlanta and  Birmingham to be just as bad if not worse based on the population.

I travel via pov to NY 2-3 times a year.

Also the crime here in Bham is worse. 

JR

Upstate has Watkins Glen and Niagra Falls. Both fun places to visit.

I was raised in New Jersey, but my folks moved us to California where we only have 3 seasons and no HUMIDITY :D

I will say,that this year has been odd. We have already had more days that hit the 100 mark, than I ever remember in the 40+ years in the SF Bay area.

BTW The last time I was in NYC, so were the Dodgers and the Giants :P

A few years ago, Sharon and I traveled to New York state so I could show her where I'm originally from.  (Born in Kingston, grew up in Palenville, the land of Rip Van Winkle.)  She couldn't get over how much upstate NY resembled Minnesota, though I had to remind her it was the other way around.  She both admired and hated New York city, while I couldn't believe the price of everything.  Holy cow!  We spent well over $40 in tolls just getting from upstate NY to Jersey. 

On 7/11/2017 at 1:51 PM, George Simmons said:

A few years ago, Sharon and I traveled to New York state so I could show her where I'm originally from.  (Born in Kingston, grew up in Palenville, the land of Rip Van Winkle.)  She couldn't get over how much upstate NY resembled Minnesota, though I had to remind her it was the other way around.  She both admired and hated New York city, while I couldn't believe the price of everything.  Holy cow!  We spent well over $40 in tolls just getting from upstate NY to Jersey. 

The "Van Winkle's" just live off the main road just a little bit before the road that leads into our subdivision.   They are a very old elderly couple and their home looks like a rustic log cabin{I love it} and his wife always calls her husband Rip too.   Funny thing is they had their name "Van Winkle" painted on their mailbox for a while, but then removed their name off it a few months back.   Seems having that particular name, and having it painted on their mailbox was far too much of an attention getter for them.  

Never been to New York, but if I were to go and settle there, it'd have to be in "Sleepy Hollow", that's where I'd want to live, even though I've never been there.  Just sounds like the perfect place for me to settle in to. LOL