Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Controller Ids

dl20415

If I have 2 pixel controllers with the same ids, but one on aux c and one on aux d, would they interfere with one another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dl20415 said:

If I have 2 pixel controllers with the same ids, but one on aux c and one on aux d, would they interfere with one another?

No as long as they are on different networks all will work just fine.

Thanks!

As was said, as far as the LOR equipment is concerned, it will work just fine.  Just note that it can cause confusion for us human beings.  Personally I exclusively use controller IDs of 01 - 0F on the LOR Regular network, controller IDs 11 - 1F on my AuxA network, and controller IDs 21 - 2F on my AuxB network.  There is also no need to "fully load" a network either.  In my case, my Regular network only has one InputPup on it, The AuxA network has five controllers, and AuxB has three CCP controllers (six unit IDs).  AuxB is only used for Christmas, but the other two are used year round.

BTW in case you are wondering why I have a separate network for a single InputPup, there is a reason.  All of my sequences use intensity files which mandates using enhanced networks.  You can't run input devices on an enhanced network.  My year round landscape lighting makes extensive use of interactive triggers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ebrown1972 said:

I don't believe they even need to be on separate networks.  I've used identical ID's on the same network with standard 16-channel AC controllers.  I don't see any reason why pixel controllers would be any different.

1 minute ago, George Simmons said:

I don't believe they even need to be on separate networks.  I've used identical ID's on the same network with standard 16-channel AC controllers.  I don't see any reason why pixel controllers would be any different.

That would be true if you are wanting two (or more) controllers to behave exactly the same.  I was not assuming that to be the case.

• The topic was locked