Light-O-Rama Forums

Saving sequences to a sd card

Stacy R

Does anyone have written instructions on how to save lor sequences to a sd card. I have several sequences that others have provided me, but I'm not quite sure how to get them from the sequence editor to a sd card.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you just wanting to save the sequences (LMS file) or are you wanting to create a show on the SD card for something like a G3MP3?

If trying to write to play to one of LOR's show directors (SD CArd readable), easiest way is use HArdware Utitity.

If this is what you are wanting to do let us know. Its a real easy process and I or any of us will be glad to assist.

JR

Are you just wanting to save the sequences (LMS file) or are you wanting to create a show on the SD card for something like a G3MP3?

I have sequences all ready to play, just not sure how to move them to a sd card to play on my light o rama setup.

Just now, Stacy R said:

I have sequences all ready to play, just not sure how to move them to a sd card to play on my light o rama setup.

There are two ways to create a show on the SD card. You can create a show using the Simple Show Builder or the Hardware Utility, most prefer the Hardware Utility. You haven't said what the SD card will be used in so I will reference the G3MP3. In the Manual on pg. 19 starts the process of creating a show.

http://www1.lightorama.com/Documents/G3-MP3_Man_Web.pdf

There are two ways to create a show on the SD card. You can create a show using the Simple Show Builder or the Hardware Utility, most prefer the Hardware Utility. You haven't said what the SD card will be used in so I will reference the G3MP3. In the Manual on pg. 19 starts the process of creating a show.
http://www1.lightorama.com/Documents/G3-MP3_Man_Web.pdf

Sorry. I'm still new to this and wasn't sure of the terminology. I have a gen 3 mini director w/MP3.

1 minute ago, Stacy R said:

1) Open Hardware Utility 

2) Open LOR MP3 tab (at top)

3) Check and select the settings you want ` here are my settings

a) Select when show plays ~ "Plays anytime powered" by me (top selection)

b ) Select How Show Plays ~ I use "Loop"

4) Add Sequence ~ It will attempt to find your sequence in the LOR Root Directory (Sequences) , if you don't have them there I suguest moving them there along with your MP3 in (Audio) You will get an error if everything is not in the LOR directory. You will have to marry the mp3 to the sequence so since you are new this is the best time to move everything to correct LOR directory

5) If you don't see your sequences find them and then you will also be asked for the audio

6) You may see "select drive with SD card"

7) You may see "Assign show number" or something like that

8) You may see other pop ups, just use the defaults for now

9) You will then get a "Create Show"  popup, it will then write your sequence to the SD card. Pop the SD card into your Minidirector and you should see lights. Don't forget setting up radio station for music

I think I got all of that correct

JR

If trying to write to play to one of LOR's show directors (SD CArd readable), easiest way is use HArdware Utitity.
If this is what you are wanting to do let us know. Its a real easy process and I or any of us will be glad to assist.
JR

Yes. I want to be able to save sequences to a sd card so I can play the show on a LOR mini director. I'm sure it's not that simple.

If all of your sequences and songs are not in the correct LOR root directory "simple show builder" will be a big problem. As long as your sequence and MP3 are married up my directions above will work no matter where you have your files, you just have to manually find them.

I only use HU even though I have 95% of my files in the LOR directories

JR

1) Open Hardware Utility 
2) Open LOR MP3 tab (at top)
3) Check and select the settings you want ` here are my settings
 a) Select when show plays ~ "Plays anytime powered" by me (top selection)
b ) Select How Show Plays ~ I use "Loop"
4) Add Sequence ~ It will attempt to find your sequence in the LOR Root Directory (Sequences) , if you don't have them there I suguest moving them there along with your MP3 in (Audio) You will get an error if everything is not in the LOR directory. You will have to marry the mp3 to the sequence so since you are new this is the best time to move everything to correct LOR directory
5) If you don't see your sequences find them and then you will also be asked for the audio
6) You may see "select drive with SD card"
7) You may see "Assign show number" or something like that
8) You may see other pop ups, just use the defaults for now
9) You will then get a "Create Show"  popup, it will then write your sequence to the SD card. Pop the SD card into your Minidirector and you should see lights. Don't forget setting up radio station for music
I think I got all of that correct
JR

Awesome. I will try that in a few. I really appreciate the help.

Just in case

LOR Root Directory

My Computer

Documents

Light O Rama

Sequences for the Sequence (LMS file)

Audio for the MP3 files

real easy since you probably don't have many

JR

1 minute ago, Stacy R said:

Awesome. I will try that in a few. I really appreciate the help.

You are welcome, I tried to go off memory on some of the pop ups since once you set it up the first time all of those are skipped (you wont see those again) unless you manually need to use a different SD card slot/ location.

If you have problems feel free to PM me or post here

JR

• Like 1

Hmm!

I was wondering why S4 did not have a Backup / (smart)export on the file menu., instead of having us chase down each file

By smart Export, I mean that it would export a Show with all the dependencies  (With a tick to also include the copyrighted Sound files). Destination would be any Windows valid file location)

LOR?

30 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Hmm!

I was wondering why S4 did not have a Backup / (smart)export on the file menu., instead of having us chase down each file

By smart Export, I mean that it would export a Show with all the dependencies  (With a tick to also include the copyrighted Sound files). Destination would be any Windows valid file location)

LOR?

If you save them in the LOR Root Directory you do not have to chase them down. SE explores that first expecting them to be there. While sequencing if you start out by saving the audio in the LOR Audio folder and the sequence in the Sequence folder there are no problems.

If you build your show in either the HU or Show director there is nothing more required unless you edit the show. I just find HU to be more user friendly for the new guys/gals that may not have their S4 set up correctly and files scattered.

JR

The problem is if you break your audio or sequence folders down to sub folders then it won't find them. I personally break my audio and sequence folders down to sub folders so I can keep seasons seperated such as Christmas and Halloween subfolders.

It would be nice if you could tell LOR where to look.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The problem is if you break your audio or sequence folders down to sub folders then it won't find them. I personally break my audio and sequence folders down to sub folders so I can keep seasons seperated such as Christmas and Halloween subfolders.

It would be nice if you could tell LOR where to look.

If you use HU it will go to wherever you point it too. On my old laptop I had folders such as yours on my desktop. As long as I could remember where I placed the sequence it would find them, beit I had to link the audio everytime but I made it easy by placing the sequence and audio file in the same location. ie Halloween 2016/ show 1/....(HU create show only, to be placed on SD card)

Simple showbuilder has only 1 way, everything has to be in LOR Root dir. I know you already knew that. Just reemphasizing for the OP.

With my new laptop I am placing everything in the root directory since I am further complicating things this year with the addition to pixels and ccr's. I still haven't transferred a small fraction of stuff from old laptop. 

JR

I also have separate folders for sequences for each year and Christmas vs Halloween.  Gets too many files to keep it straight if they are all in one folder after a few years.  I also have a separate folder for other people's sequences that I have for one reason or another.  And one other folder for the year round landscape lighting and minor holiday sequences.

Note that I've never owned a director of any sort and always run the show from a computer.

32 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I also have separate folders for sequences for each year and Christmas vs Halloween.  Gets too many files to keep it straight if they are all in one folder after a few years.  I also have a separate folder for other people's sequences that I have for one reason or another.  And one other folder for the year round landscape lighting and minor holiday sequences.

Note that I've never owned a director of any sort and always run the show from a computer.

Director made it easy but made me a little lazy. This year will all be ran off my computer. I've been practicing since you got my tree vis working. I've still got to tie everything together as far as my singing faces, house/ yard lights, matrix, ccr tree and pixel trees rolled into my sequences. Hopefully I can pull it off.

JR

• The topic was locked