Light-O-Rama Forums

"Bumper Songs"

Kathy Gizzi

In all of the places I am getting sequences from, I am seeing a lot of bumper songs available.  Can any portion of any song be a bumper song, and how do I apply them?

Edited by Kathy Gizzi

What's a bumper song?

Sent from my house using 2 cans and a string[emoji41]

Bumper songs are like little short clips from movies and other things the Clark Griswold lighting thing the THX Robot thing they're little bumper songs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, I just googled it.

Other than Mashups, I dislike "bumper songs" or short clips of music. I have a bunch that I will never use. I forgot I even had them. It is to difficult to share them because of the music files.

JR

7 hours ago, Kathy Gizzi said:

In all of the places I am getting sequences from, I am seeing a lot of bumper songs available.  Can any portion of any song be a bumper song, and how do I apply them?

Bumpers can be, depending on your definition, almost anything/everything that occurs between songs.  It's actually a pretty broad classification and a term that really isn't used very often in this hobby.

To answer your question on how to use them, there's two ways.  They can be attached to the beginning or end of an existing music file.  The easiest/best way is to splice it onto the music file before sequencing the song.  I'd do it this way if the bumper had something specifically to do with only that particular song. 

They can also be used as individual sequence files inserted between your musical sequences in a show.  This is probably by far the most common way they're used in this hobby.  It gives you the greatest flexibility and is the easiest to change/replace later on.   Something like headlight reminders, welcome messages, etc.  You'd make it (and use it in a show) exactly like any other musical sequence.  Whether you actually sequence any lighting effects during them is entirely up to you.

Edited by George Simmons

Learn something everyday. Never heard the term "bumper" before, and I have some in my show!