Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 - Pixel Editor to SE

CampbellHouse

So I bought a Pixie16 to add to my show this you and having difficulties getting it up and running. Have programmed the unit and the network - Have high speed USB and network set to match. Save the sequence and the Intensity file but when I open up in SE and try to play I get no lights coming on when hooked up to the Pixie16. In the sequence it does show the props that I created in PE but it doesn't show like a normal LOR row. For the PE props in the sequence it just shows a light green with some black diamonds running all the way across the row. Is this normal? Any ideas on why my lights aren't working? What am I missing? If I can get this working I'm sure I can get all the rest of my sequences done. Just can't seem to figure this out.

Thanks,
CampHouseLights 

To play an intensity file, you need to have the LORCommListener running (which will start automatically if you have the LOR Control Panel running).

23 minutes ago, CampbellHouse said:

For the PE props in the sequence it just shows a light green with some black diamonds running all the way across the row. Is this normal?

Yes, that is normal for intensity files from either Pixel Editor or SuperStar.  Intensity files can not be editor nor viewed from within Sequence Editor.  The only thing you can see from within SE is what DMX universes or LOR networks are involved along with the channel numbers for each network.

Thanks Jim - If I play the sequence with the pixie 16 attached shouldn't the pixels light up? I get nothing when I play the sequence. If you can't see it there how do you see the display with all your lights - RGB and normal 16 channel LOR controllers.

Chester

Yes, it should play if you have everything set up right.  A couple of things to check.

1)  As Steven said, the LOR control panel MUST be running.

2)  The LOR network MUST be set for enhanced mode.  If your other controllers can't handle an enhanced network, you will need to run two networks (one enhanced and one non-enhanced).

3)  Control lights in SE must be checked under the Play menu.

19 hours ago, CampbellHouse said:

Thanks Jim - If I play the sequence with the pixie 16 attached shouldn't the pixels light up? I get nothing when I play the sequence. If you can't see it there how do you see the display with all your lights - RGB and normal 16 channel LOR controllers.

Chester

What's your channel configuration file look like? If you want to send it to me along I can check it. I have 4 pixie 16's. My first one was very problematic but for a different reason that was highly debated and finally settled. I got it all worked out and it has been working 24/7 on a test sequence since Feb.

As far as PE, I have only created 3 props and have not used it since. I use SS and SE.

Let me know if I can be of assistance. I will need vis and LCC files.

Shoot me a PM if needed.

JR

On 7/7/2017 at 6:59 PM, dibblejr said:

What's your channel configuration file look like? If you want to send it to me along I can check it. I have 4 pixie 16's. My first one was very problematic but for a different reason that was highly debated and finally settled. I got it all worked out and it has been working 24/7 on a test sequence since Feb.

As far as PE, I have only created 3 props and have not used it since. I use SS and SE.

Let me know if I can be of assistance. I will need vis and LCC files.

Shoot me a PM if needed.

JR

Thanks Steven, Jim and JR. Good news I've got it working now! Was a ID10T error! I had my units reversed from what I thought it was - I thought it was A0 and it was 0A. Changed it and the lights are working! Using 12 of the 16 for the tree and using the 4 others for arches.

Now I can start adding these new props to my current songs and programming new ones. Would like to try SS but just don't have the $ this year for that - maybe next year. Still need to find some multi channel stars for my star bursts - any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks again - 

Chester