Light-O-Rama Forums

Snubbers

Godney

I need all of your ladies and Gentlemens advice, i know in the past we have all used snubbers, but my problem is a bit different. I am in the process of building a Halloween display and i have noticed my 100 watt led flood lights are staying on just partially between sequences if i use halogen no problem,my question is this can the snubbers handle this kind of power.I was planing on using as seen in previous post a 47k 1 watt resistor. Thanks Rodney

Edited by Godney

Just use a c7 or c9 incan light bulb as your snubber. I've had to use them for rare cases in the past as well for strobes. I had a string of c9 xenon strobes that were getting fed a small amount of power and every minute 1 strobe would flash that actually killed a few strobes in the process. TRIAC was fine and no issues on any resistive load, so I put a snubber inline with those strobes and it fixed it right up. 

Since it is a Led bulb I say give a snubber a try. 

If you are using floods that take a DC voltage input and not an AC voltage, then I would say "snubbers" as some call them, would not be your answer.   If you are in fact using 120vac input floods, give them a shot. 

If you are using RGB floods that require a data signal, that's a different issue. 

16 hours ago, Godney said:

Plasma to answer your question these are standard 120v ac led floods

Well, you could try a "snubber".. kinda like chicken soup.. couldn't hurt..   If you don't have a resistor laying around, just take a very small light bulb like a C7 and parallel it to the flood.  If that fixes it, you have your answer..