Light-O-Rama Forums

Remember to backup your sequences

k6ccc

Most of us are in the heart of sequencing, so I am going to bring this up again.  Rather than retype the novel I did a year ago, you are invited to read (or re-read) at least the first post in this post:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Most of us are in the heart of sequencing, so I am going to bring this up again.  Rather than retype the novel I did a year ago, you are invited to read (or re-read) at least the first post in this post:

You wrote that well over "one" year ago. I remember reading that while I was a lurker, or at least similar.

Its great sound advice.

JR

The one I linked was last October, but I have said similar many times both before and after. Can't stress the importance of backing up enough.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

The one I linked was last October, but I have said similar many times both before and after. Can't stress the importance of backing up enough.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

I was just placing a historical type of timeline on your thread, it is a much needed reminder for many lightsters.

JR

• 4 months later...

Ok, I wasn’t brought up with a computer strapped to my diaper.

where do I need to go, to backup what I need to backup? I thought I backup my files, seems I didn’t when I needed them. 

23 minutes ago, robongar said:

where do I need to go, to backup what I need to backup? I thought I backup my files, seems I didn’t when I needed them. 

You should backup your files to another device or two. That way if your computer crashes again you have a copy some place else ie. extenal hard drive, usb stick or a cloud storage.

I understand that part. Where do I go? To back what I need to back up. Where do I find what I need to back up? Where is it located? 

4 minutes ago, robongar said:

I understand that part. Where do I go? To back what I need to back up. Where do I find what I need to back up? Where is it located? 

Where ever you LOR folder is located, mine is located Libraries/Documents/Light-O-Rama.

I normally backup the entire Light-O-Rama folder that way you backup everything. Some just backup the Sequence and Audio folders.

1 hour ago, robongar said:

LOL!  Neither was I - born in 1959.

• The topic was locked