Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 some pixels remain on

jwblazek

I have been playing with my Pixcon16 and after after several frustrating hours, finally have it configured and running. I started experimentation with the Pixel Editor but was seeing occasional random pixel flashes and some pixels remaining on at the end of a sequence. Since PE was new to me, figured I was doing something wrong so wrote a test sequence in SE. Seeing similar problems, some pixels reaming on. I tried different strings on different ports, same ting. Hardware test pattern appears to work

Suggestions?

Lower your voltage to the pixels. 

Some bullet pixels work best at 11.8 volts. 

If that's not it start checking for loose cables. In the pixel world they wait for a command then hold that command until they're told to do otherwise so if no new data comes through they will stay on until they're told to turn off. 

Edited by Ebuechner

Interesting thought. Supply is at 12.1VDC and no adjustments available. Attempted to pull covers off supply, it is fully encapsulated in Si rubber

Cables are tight 

6 minutes ago, jwblazek said:

Interesting thought. Supply is at 12.1VDC and no adjustments available. Attempted to pull covers off supply, it is fully encapsulated in Si rubber

Cables are tight 

Put a (Axial lead) Diode/Rectifier  (with enough fwd Amps) in series with the PLUS lead to the LEDS. a Silicon Diode drops about 1/2V (The Stripe to the LEDS)

1N4001thru 4  will handle 1A

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, jwblazek said:

Sorry for the long delay in responding. Adding a diode in series with each channel fixed the issue, Thanks !

You are welcome.  Learned a few tricks like this in my years as a electron wrangler :)

• The topic was locked