Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR 16X50 Tree prop ?

dibblejr

1) I used the included CCR 16X50 tree imbedded into the LOR files, documents/LOR/visualizations/editor/samples (great to have this) My attempts to build the tree before stumbling across the sample was a disaster. Looked like a column and not a tree.

I had only 9 ribbons displayed during simulation mode playing a sequence and discovered that after ribbon 9 it went to aux units. So I went into the wizard and changed the aux to 10-16. Figured all would work. After fixing that I had no tree vis. during playback.

Each time I reverted to the default one it worked the same 9 strands and each time I edited the aux units , it no longer worked.

Does anyone know the problem. (solution)

2) I also noticed the strands are starting left to right, I have not found anywhere to change that. My controller and strand 1 are at the bottom right of my tree. I did see a box "SuperStar" and when I clicked on it had an option to reverse order but didn't want it to create ill effects with my sequence.

If someone has a working 16CCR tree vis file to share I will gladly accept but I would also like to know where the problem lies.

I was able to create the DMX tree and change the universes with wizard and all 16 strands/ universes work so not sure why its not working with the CCR tree

As always at assistance will be greatly appreciated.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1) I used the included CCR 16X50 tree imbedded into the LOR files, documents/LOR/visualizations/editor/samples (great to have this) My attempts to build the tree before stumbling across the sample was a disaster. Looked like a column and not a tree.
I had only 9 ribbons displayed during simulation mode playing a sequence and discovered that after ribbon 9 it went to aux units. So I went into the wizard and changed the aux to 10-16. Figured all would work. After fixing that I had no tree vis. during playback.
Each time I reverted to the default one it worked the same 9 strands and each time I edited the aux units , it no longer worked.
Does anyone know the problem. (solution)
2) I also noticed the strands are starting left to right, I have not found anywhere to change that. My controller and strand 1 are at the bottom right of my tree. I did see a box "SuperStar" and when I clicked on it had an option to reverse order but didn't want it to create ill effects with my sequence.
If someone has a working 16CCR tree vis file to share I will gladly accept but I would also like to know where the problem lies.
I was able to create the DMX tree and change the universes with wizard and all 16 strands/ universes work so not sure why its not working with the CCR tree

As always at assistance will be greatly appreciated.
JR

On my first year with my tree (12 X 24) I was eager to get it up & running so I went & purchased sequences. I really didn't spend any time beforehand reviewing them before going live and it seemed like some were either backwards or the main parts were on the back sides of the tree. After the season / show was over I started trying to figure what was happening. Some of the sequences were running clockwise and others counter-clockwise. I found that I had to use the sample visualization change it with my new starting point (1st string) and re-number the rest in the direction the majority of my sequences were running & save it as my prop. Then I copied and pasted the backwards sequences to match my new prop.

I'm not sure if this answers your question directly or even indirectly but maybe somewhere in this it might give you an idea of something to try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ChrisJW said:

On my first year with my tree (12 X 24) I was eager to get it up & running so I went & purchased sequences. I really didn't spend any time beforehand reviewing them before going live and it seemed like some were either backwards or the main parts were on the back sides of the tree. After the season / show was over I started trying to figure what was happening. Some of the sequences were running clockwise and others counter-clockwise. I found that I had to use the sample visualization change it with my new starting point (1st string) and re-number the rest in the direction the majority of my sequences were running & save it as my prop. Then I copied and pasted the backwards sequences to match my new prop.

I'm not sure if this answers your question directly or even indirectly but maybe somewhere in this it might give you an idea of something to try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply but not quite the same as my problem. My sequences (non commercial, non purchased) play fine on my actual tree and 1/2 of the sample tree. Just cannot seem to get the sample tree edit to work for the CCR's. The DMX sample was able to accept all changes.

This morning I finally was able to build my own tree from scratch however the wedge option not working, its the 180 tree so only about 10 of the strands viewable.

Making progress.

JR

Update- Deleted everything and started over again.

Decided to try a different method and simply rename every channel 1-16, verified network and base unit ID's were correct. 

Now I have the right 10 channels working with unit 1 being bottom right (correct for my sequencing and tree). 

I am now at a stalemate. 

The most confusing part is, everything I have attempted countless times on my CCR tree worked on the first attempt at the DMX tree.

I didn't have any problems with my Matrix or any other props.

BAck to square 1 only this time in reverse.

Off to enjoy Fathers Day activities and clear my mind of this.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

That should be easy enough. You said 16 string with the first string on the right and pixels bottom to top. I could whip that up in a couple minutes. What are the desired unit IDs and network (if it's LOR)?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

• Like 1

Yes, LOR network unit 1-16 50 pixels. I just think I'm cursed on this one.

Controller bottom right, 1st string bottom right

Thanks Jim, you have my emAil but here it is again dibblejr@hotmail.com

I still would like to know what to heck was wrong , just makes no sense I did the DMX but couldn't get mine to work.

• Like 1

Friends don't let friends drink and sequence....LoL
SUI......I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bill beat me to the keyboard.

Just want to extend a "THANK YOU" to Bill. I believe he solved my problem. During the Pixie16 Channel Config it set unit ID's to aux from channel 10 - 16. I will get some rest and recovery now and fix it up tomorrow.

Thank you Jim, Bob and Chris for the input. 

After all of these years I learned not to drink and drive by Sequencing Under the Influence, well its a lot easiethan it sounds.

Thanks all and goodnight

JR

Bill and Jim

Thank you both big time.

After returning home this morning and relooking my channel configs I found I had saved the original in my LOR default sequence folder and the changed one in my channel config folder. I had mistakenly used both of them an 2 sequences each. Fixed that now by deleting the one with the 5 aux and the channel 10.

After straightening that mess out plugged in all of our CCR trees vis and they all now work. 

Bill- glad you caught that and texted me the problem before I kept on converting all of my SS sequences over to SE. Now I have only 2 of the 4 to fix.

JR

Sometimes you just can't see the forest through the trees. .....lol
And yes I too have that plaque on my wall ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Where did you find the visualization files? documents/LOR/visualizations/editor/samples ?? where is this located?

Thanks,

Travis