Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights turning off at the end of the sequence

lanopie

I'm running 4.3.18.  Creating a simple one minute sequence to turn the lights on for the evening, no animation. Created the SD card for the G3 MP3 Director which has the latest firmware and at the end of the minute the lights turn off, stays off for a second or two, and then starts up again.  I know with 4.3.14 it doesn't have a problem, the lights do not turn off at the end of the minute.  I know I have chosen to run continuously from 8:45 to 11:58

What am I missing here?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, lanopie said:

I'm running 4.3.18.  Creating a simple one minute sequence to turn the lights on for the evening, no animation. Created the SD card for the G3 MP3 Director which has the latest firmware and at the end of the minute the lights turn off, stays off for a second or two, and then starts up again.  I know with 4.3.14 it doesn't have a problem, the lights do not turn off at the end of the minute.  I know I have chosen to run continuously from 8:45 to 11:58

What am I missing here?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

K6ccc ~ Jim uses his lights in a similar fashion and has for many years. You may want to shoot him a PM or he may reply when he see's this.

JR

Yea, I saw this.   I don't run off of a director, so that might be a difference.  The most important consideration is to make absolutely certain that the static lights are on at the very beginning and the last until the absolute end of the sequence.  However it sounds like you only have this issue when using a director.  Can't help you much there.

Also make sure you DON'T have the checkbox for "Turn the lights off at the end of the sequence".  Again, not sure how that works on a director.

Edited by k6ccc

Thank you all, I did check my sequence and the lights are on from beginning to end.  Using this new version of the Hardware utility I saw the following line but never bothered with it because I don't use DMX.

lightson.JPG.6b0961a45566f5e561cd31cac3d09735.JPG

Now that I have checked this box it's working perfectly.  I don't remember in 4.3.14 if that line was written the same way.

Again thank you all for your help

Well I thought I had it.  Now the lights flicker off and on really quickly at the one minute mark.  I decided to go to my old computer which runs 4.3.14 and chose the same file but I didn't chose to keep the lights on at the end and it works perfectly.

I will have to test some more with 4.3.18.

If anyone has any ideas, they're more than welcomed.

After some testing I found the problem.  There are defaults settings that changed from version 4.3.14 to 4.3.18 and this is the one that was causing the problem;

lightson2.JPG.bd94312dc14a4e891857e6daf4a08f5f.JPG

In 4.3.14 the "Output LOR Enhanced channels as well as LOR normal (if available)" is checked, in 4.3.18 it is not.  When I checked this box and removed the check on keep the lights on at the end, everything was working perfectly.