Light-O-Rama Forums

What to do with bullet pixels

Wayne K

Looking for some ideas on what to do with bullet pixels. I bought about 800 pixels last year and was going to make a matrix. But I am not sure I am going to do that. So with that said, what would you built with these type of pixels. I was thinking about some fire sticks, but not sure if this type of pixel will work for that. See below for the pixels I bought. This will be my first time playing with pixels.

Thanks for any idea's

Wayne

Well no picture came thru. they are Holiday Coro Smart / Pixel RGB LED Node 8mm/12mm / 12v / 2811 / 50 Node String / 3" Spacing

Edited by Wayne K

Wayne,

This is what I built with 800 pixels. Even though it has a round shape it does display pictures very well. Not so much for long words, but still a great prop for your yard. Anyways here's "How I did it" and videos of the results.

Alan...

Old Post.

I think the question should be "what can't you do with bullet pixels."  You can line your roof, windows and doors. You can cover bushes, trees or edge your yard. Line any prop, arches or create shapes such as stars and snowflakes. You can put them on your car, motorcycle and even wear them on a shirt or hat. :D

Pretty much anywhere you want to put lights you can use bullet pixels, be creative. That's what make our hobby so unique.

Edited by Mr. P

If you're having trouble figuring it out I'll help you, you can just send them my way so you don't have to worry about finding something to do with them. :D

Mr. P is right on...what can't you do with them.

Several elements that I'm using them on.

1) 4ft pixel wreath

2) 6ft pixel twig trees

3) 4 x 31 bulb "mini matrix" that I attach to tree trunk. 

4)  icicle/meteor tubes

Items 1 and 2 were inspired by john storms who goes by listertoourlights, here and has a webpage under that name with lots of how-to tutorials.

Some other common elements done by others are shooting starts and spinners. 

Thanks for the info everyone.

Default, You have got me thinking, what do you think 1/2 of your spinner would look like with the center hole down on a porch floor that is about 2 foot off the ground? The 3 X 6 half would come very close to fitting in between my porch poles and being about the same height as my railing. So it would be almost like a different style Marty fan.

Plasmadrive, Very simple piece ( which I need simplistic to get things working for my first time with pixels ) What do you do with these in your display? Do you stack them or just have them hanging or do you tie them together to form a design?

Thanks guys

Wayne

3 hours ago, Wayne K said:

what do you think 1/2 of your spinner would look like with the center hole down on a porch floor that is about 2 foot off the ground? The 3 X 6 half would come very close to fitting in between my porch poles and being about the same height as my railing. So it would be almost like a different style Marty fan.

A very easy way to visualize it, is to build it in Visualizer/PE and add it to your house view. Then play around with some sequencing and see how it fits in with your other props.  Half of the spinner would make a great Marty fan.

Alan...

• 3 weeks later...

For what it is worth my vote goes to wreaths!! I have 5 wreaths going on my house this year, ranging from 36" to 90" all covered with bullet nodes (as shown below)

18767492_10159268582165643_3148759498711

They look great, and there are so many effects you can do with them!! It's worth a shot!

• Like 1

Disney Matt

Thanks for the reply. I also like this idea. But I have 5 metal frame wreaths with a big bow on them that I rebuilt 2 years ago with led rope lights that cover my upper level attic windows. I am not quite ready to do away with them yet.

Thanks

Wayne 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2017 at 9:25 PM, default said:

Wayne,

This is what I built with 800 pixels. Even though it has a round shape it does display pictures very well. Not so much for long words, but still a great prop for your yard. Anyways here's "How I did it" and videos of the results.

Alan...

Old Post.

Oh my word - that is AMAZING!!!  Oh that I made a huge salary and had all the time in the world to make things like this...simply fantastic!