Light-O-Rama Forums

Screen Scrape Software

caniac

is there anything out there that will screen scrape my primary display so that I could upload to youtube?  or do I need to go old school and use my iPhone to film and upload?

is there anything out there that will screen scrape my primary display so that I could upload to youtube?  or do I need to go old school and use my iPhone to film and upload?

There are several. Last year I did a Google search for just that and came up with several products - both paid and free. I installed a free one called something like ice cream screen recorder. I worked and was at least worth every penny I paid for it (free).

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

On 6/7/2017 at 8:28 AM, k6ccc said:

There are several. Last year I did a Google search for just that and came up with several products - both paid and free. I installed a free one called something like ice cream screen recorder. I worked and was at least worth every penny I paid for it (free).

is there a way to have this export to a .mov or mp4?

34 minutes ago, caniac said:

is there a way to have this export to a .mov or mp4?

Not that I could find.  However the format that it generates plays fine in Windows Media Player and YouTube handles it just fine.  Here is an example as seen on YouTube:

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Not that I could find.  However the format that it generates plays fine in Windows Media Player and YouTube handles it just fine.  Here is an example as seen on YouTube:

love the sequence!!!

2 hours ago, Don said:

The screencast-o-matic software I use saves to MP4.

if I am reading it correctly the free version doesn't grab the computer audio, is that correct?

26 minutes ago, caniac said:

if I am reading it correctly the free version doesn't grab the computer audio, is that correct?

Not sure. Haven't looked at the free version in years.

2 hours ago, caniac said:

love the sequence!!!

Thank you!  That was the show opener at the beginning of the show each evening last Christmas.

11 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Thank you!  That was the show opener at the beginning of the show each evening last Christmas.

I would love to use it for my intro this year if you care to share?  chet68845@gmail.com

I would love to use it for my intro this year if you care to share?  chet68845@gmail.com

That I can do. I'll send that to you when I get to the computer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caniac said:

E-Mail sent with five files.  Let me know if they fail to arrive correctly.

You can try iSpring also. I use it, and does a great job capturing the audio and video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk