Light-O-Rama Forums

pixcom16 e pixel rgb & superstar sequence

Pioerpaolo

Hi, i'm an italian grandfather, sorry for my english, i help with the on-line traslator, so do not laugh for stupid things that can get out. ;-)

i have an idea and therefore some questions.

i expose you to my simply idea.

i would like to use pixcom16 with its RGB pixel, to form a super tv, monitor,

where i spend Christmas animations for my grandchildren and neighborhood children.

i would like to install, on a empty box on the balcony of house, measuring 2.5x4.5 meters, 

all pixel rgb strings, filling all the space, creating, if you pass the term, a mega monitor.

Obviously after purchaising the superm star license for channels, 

the questions is this, the superstar sequence, will you be able to handle and the animate all my pixel rgb strings???

calculating that the rgb pixel strings measure about 1.3/1.4 cm in width, i will need about 178 pixel rgb strings, will i manage to put them

all together in one animation???

i hope to have been clear and have written so you can understand me.

thak you in advance for the help.

Pierpaolo

I think an explanation of what the expectations are with the term "super TV monitor"?

I take that to mean you would like to some how take a Television Channel and convert it in real time signal that the Pixcon16 can interpret and then translate to display on the RGB Strings.

I am kind of hoping this is not what you mean.

Out of the BOX the Pixel Editor can take an AVI file and use it.  This is more of a per-recorded movie if you will, then a live TV transmission.

From what I read it sounds as though he is doing a Matrix set. That will do animation, but for live action video would need i much tighter pixel count then i think what is expecting.

I converted 1/2 of a minion Christmas movie (20 minutes) into GIF's. 1200 pictures of slices took about 8 hours. Anyway as soon as my matrix is finished I will post the outcome. Others have said it will not look good however on my vis it looks just as good as any of my other pixel sequences.

This subscribes me to this thread.

As far as using it like an actual TV monitor I don't think there is a way since you need to use a controller to get the lights on and off. However I am not TV screen pro. This is also my first year of pixels.

I can teach you how to convert but its an experiment.

My matrix is 24X50 roughly 4' X 8' (1200 pixels)

JR

• 3 weeks later...

hi, Meanwhile I thank you for your patience,

You do not know how much I envy you and how much I suffer from failing to communicate with you well.

Traslator or my traslator ;-)

For what I managed to write The sense is more than he understands The Pest,

I want to make a matrix of that size 2.5x4.5 metri, with the pixel-led rgb strips. That is, about 200 pixel-led rgb strips.  My question is,

I can make animated sequences Of all those pixels con SuperStar Sequence.

Doing two calculations, 200 pixel-led rgb strips 150 pixels each, there are 30,000 pixels to animate, I can do it with a single animation or I have to break it.

Thanks again for patience

Pierpaolo italian granfather