• Announcements

• LORAdmin

S5 Beta Comments   07/16/2017

Please keep all comments about S5 in the Open Beta General Comments section. This will help the developers by only have to look in one area of the forums for comments/questions/concerns about S5.
Al Saunders

House property with a hill in front

38 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BMurray said:

I too am spoiled and live <5 miles from work. Takes me about 10 minutes by car on the freeway. If I take my bicycle it takes me 15 minutes on side streets. My wife works for the same hospital but at a clinic in the other direction and is <4 miles away. Some of my Nursing co-workers drive 1.5 to 2 or more hours away.......couldn't do it / wouldn't do it

I'm more spoiled. I won't ride a bike to work. Too many moving parts too early in the morning. ūüėÄ

4 people like this

Well we decided to drop the house with the hill and go with another that is larger with a larger flat lot. We wrote the offer last night and our agent submitted it this morning. So we are now praying and thanking God that our offer will be accepted. He certainly has blessed us in our previous house sale. The drive to work from this house is about half as far so about 45 minutes and it's a less highway commute.

Thanks for everyone's input. Now I have so much to work with as opposed to our previous front yard!

Later,

Al

1 person likes this

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Well we decided to drop the house with the hill and go with another that is larger with a larger flat lot. We wrote the offer last night and our agent submitted it this morning. So we are now praying and thanking God that our offer will be accepted. He certainly has blessed us in our previous house sale. The drive to work from this house is about half as far so about 45 minutes and it's a less highway commute.
Thanks for everyone's input. Now I have so much to work with as opposed to our previous front yard!
Later,
Al

That sounds awesome for you. Hopefully it's accepted quickly so you can get going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of Luck!  Hope your offer is accepted!

Just got word today offer accepted and inspections scheduled for next week! My wife and I are really excited and feel so incredibly blessed. If anyone's interested in seeing what I have to work with now the address to Google map/earth is 636 Spaniard Neck Rd. Centreville, MD. The front yard is pretty big but I have a huge side yard to work with now!

thanks for all the comments and well wishes everyone.

Later,

Al

1 person likes this

Damn, you've got an area about half the size of a football field to play with.  Lots of stuff you can on the house too.  Can I assume that in that area, the trees will be bare by the time you start a Christmas show?  Otherwise the trees could block some of the view.  Around here most of the trees have plenty of leaves all year long.

Happy for ya.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Very nice house - but the Steelers stuff in the family room has to go!  Of course the sellers would be taking that stuff, so that's OK.

And what you get for the price there compared to here makes me envious.  But I like here....

Edited by k6ccc
1 person likes this

Nice secluded location and house. Don't be surprised if traffic for seeing your Christmas display is sparse. Being that far from a major city or highway makes it tough to draw in traffic without some extra advertisement through social media. Maybe I am wrong and hopefully so. Just don't be surprised if so.

1 person likes this

Don't worry about a secluded location.  The word gets around fairly quick.  I live in the country outside a small town and get quite a bit of traffic.  It surprises me through out the year when people I don't know tell me how much they like my display.  I get quite a few comments and pictures of my display on Facebook.  If you have a good display they will come.  Good luck.

1 person likes this

Thanks everyone. To K6ccc, yes here in MD the leaves will be gone/down in December so the few trees in front won't be an issue. And, yeah the Steelers stuff is definitely going with them as we are Raven's fans. :)

To Santa's Helper, it is secluded but the town isn't far and there is a community nearby that has hundreds of people in it so I'm hoping the draw from them and then word of mouth along with some local bulletin boards as well as social media.

Hi Andy, If anyone knows about secluded locations it's you! LOL I've never had the pleasure of seeing your display but the pictures you shared at the VA Mini make me want to drive the 2+ hours to come see it.

Thanks again  for all the info, support and tips.

Later,

Al

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 6/20/2017 at 7:46 PM, Al Saunders said:

Later,

Al

Glad to hear you found a better property!! Can't wait to see the show!

Edit: Just because I was curious, I just looked up the house!!! WOW!! You got lucky!! I can already see so much potential for a light show there!! I'm slightly jealous!! ;) Congrats on the house!!

Edited by DisneyMatt10
1 person likes this

Hi DisneyMatt10,

Thanks we are really getting excited. I've got so many ideas going around in my head for our show! We are truly blessed in both our home selling and home buying process.

Later,

Al

1 person likes this