Light-O-Rama Forums

Some Props freeze up

indi

I have the latest software, Advanced Pro. and 40 ccr SuperStar. Been working on a new sequence and during play back, some of the props freeze up and stop moving. Then a little while later they start again. I am using a SuperStar sub sequence for my pixel tree with globe and a sub sequence for my matrix. It seems that my 16 channel ac props are the ones  effected. Comm listener is running. I added 8 gigs of ram ( for a total of 24 gigs) but didn't seem to help. I don't have any problems with my old sequences doing this. Wondering if this problem will show up on the actual lights. I imported the channel config. file and created the sequence.

Any ideas?

Thanks

From my observations, visualization (either in Visualizer or SuperStar) is a resource hog.  I see this quite regularly, but the show runs just fine.  I'm pretty sure from my observations that the resource running out of horsepower is not the CPU, but rather the video card or driver.  I would like to upgrade my video card (or at least borrow one from a guy I know) and see if that solves that problem for me.

The only real difference between my setup and yours is that for the past two years, I export from SuperStar into SE as intensity files rather than the sub-sequence that you use.

While not a solution, try this as a work-around:

I can't speak for SS, but if the SE is lagging, go to PLAY > MOVE GRID WITH PLAY, and uncheck that option.  Works like magic for me.

• Like 1

Thanks Mr Simmons. I unchecked the Move Grid with play, and had no luck. Thanks for your suggestion. I think K6ccc is right on with the graphics card. If I disable one of my pixel fixtures I have no problems with the freezing. I will try a 4 gb video card and see if that takes care of the problems. Again thank you guys for the suggestions.

Thanks DevMike. Went there first and tried the suggestions before posting. My computer has the video card built into the motherboard, so I assume that it doesn't have enough getty up.

Thanks

Followup. I got a 2 gb video card and the same props are freezing up. I did create to new sequence on my laptop and copied it over the my show computer. I will re-sequence the the song using my show computer and see if that works.