Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb RGBs from Different sites. Which ones match?

Scud2

I have been buying from HC for  5 years.  Not 1 bad instance.  If you look back you can see at least one of our members takes EVERY chance to throw a barb at HC for some reason.  Look at the overall.  Great service, quality products.  TOTALLY recommend them.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jerrymac said:

I have been buying from HC for  5 years.  Not 1 bad instance.  If you look back you can see at least one of our members takes EVERY chance to throw a barb at HC for some reason.  Look at the overall.  Great service, quality products.  TOTALLY recommend them.

I agree and disagree, they do have some nice products but they don't stand behind them. I have a total of seven Alphapix controllers from them three purchased in 2015 and four purchased in 2016 and five of them have bad channels on them.

When you purchase a controller at a pre-sale held in January recieve the item in May and the warranty lasts until July you are kind of screwed since the controllers aren't really used until the Holidays. Yes I tested them when I received them but until they are used every night you really don't know how they will react.

Just this past year all four of the Alphapix controllers I purchased at the January 2016 pre-sale had channels go bad during the 2016 Holiday show so I kinda lost confidence in them and have now went with Falcons.

They are now offering where you can purchase a warranty.

Edited by Mr. P

Another example:

HC is offering a new controller, the HinkPix16 at a intoductory price of $149. I purchased one in January to try it out at a good price. Since it only comes with the 6 month manufactures warranty which will expire in July I will be screwed again come the Holiday season if channels go bad.

At least a one year warranty will cover everything through one Holiday season.

Edited by Mr. P

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Another example:

HC is offering a new controller, the HinkPix16 at a intoductory price of $149. I purchased one in January to try it out at a good price. Since it only comes with the 6 month manufactures warranty which will expire in July I will be screwed again come the Holiday season if channels go bad.

At least a one year warranty will cover everything through one Holiday season.

If you have some of the Falcon boards why did you go back and take a chance with holiday Coro? I would imagine by the time you pay for the new holiday Coro experimental board and an extended warranty you would be close to the price of the Falcon board. 

3 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

If you have some of the Falcon boards why did you go back and take a chance with holiday Coro? I would imagine by the time you pay for the new holiday Coro experimental board and an extended warranty you would be close to the price of the Falcon board. 

It was just a new controller with a bunch of features I liked at a good price so I thought I would give it a try. Is the warranty on it bad? Yes, but hey at that price I will take a chance.

8 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I agree and disagree, they do have some nice products but they don't stand behind them. I have a total of seven Alphapix controllers from them three purchased in 2015 and four purchased in 2016 and five of them have bad channels on them.

When you purchase a controller at a pre-sale held in January recieve the item in May and the warranty lasts until July you are kind of screwed since the controllers aren't really used until the Holidays. Yes I tested them when I received them but until they are used every night you really don't know how they will react.

Just this past year all four of the Alphapix controllers I purchased at the January 2016 pre-sale had channels go bad during the 2016 Holiday show so I kinda lost confidence in them and have now went with Falcons.

For the pre-sales you are correct about the short warranty.  After this past season was over I had an issue with the blue not working on some individual pixels on strips I purchased during last years pre-sale.  Dave totally stepped up and replaced them at the beginning of this year after I contacted him.  Needless to say I was surprised and grateful and in doing so he got another (bigger) order from me during this years pre-sale.

Mr. P did you try replacing the output chip on your defective controllers?  It's easy to replace as it just pops out of the socket and not soldered in.  You can purchase them from Holidaycoro I believe but I got mine from Mouser electronics for a couple bucks each.

8 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Mr. P did you try replacing the output chip on your defective controllers?  It's easy to replace as it just pops out of the socket and not soldered in.  You can purchase them from Holidaycoro I believe but I got mine from Mouser electronics for a couple bucks each.

Can you please shoot me the part # from Mouser? Or the link?

Edited by Mr. P

37 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Can you please shoot me the part # from Mouser? Or the link?

Here's the link from Holidaycoro (looks like free shipping) but I will have to send the link for the Mouser one when I get home from work.  They way I found it on Mouser was I got the chip part# off the top of it and did a search.

http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/625.htm

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

On 6/5/2017 at 3:41 PM, Mr. P said:

Did you contact him and haggle the price for the shipping? You can get better shipping by contacting him directly.

No Sir,  didn't know that was an option!  Will keep that in mind!