Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb RGBs from Different sites. Which ones match?

Scud2

I have dumb RGB strips on my light display that I purchased from LOR. I know the ones from wow lights match...but they are expensive. What other sites have RGB strips that will look close in color to LORs strips?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In my experience, and I have dumb RGB ribbons from a couple different vendors (not LOR, all are 5050 LEDs, all are 12V), there's no discernible difference in color or brightness between any of them.

In my experience, and I have dumb RGB ribbons from a couple different vendors (not LOR, all are 5050 LEDs, all are 12V), there's no discernible difference in color or brightness between any of them.

Which ones have you found to be the best bang for your buck?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The most recent ones I've bought came from Roger Aubuchon at Pixel Sequencing http://pixelsequencing.com/

In reality, there's so little difference in price between vendor A and vendor B, that it doesn't matter much.  Buy from a vendor with a warranty whom you haven't read any complaints about and you'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Scud2 said:

Yeah. I was about to do holiday Coro

They're still in business???

Personally I think HC has a lot of good stuff but they don't have a good warranty on their products. If it lasts that's great but if it doesn't then you're screwed. It's pretty much a crap shoot.

• Like 1

In a hobby where almost every vendor, large and small, goes beyond the call and stands behind their products with no questions asked, why take chances?

• Like 1

All that being said i just ordered a few hundred dollars worth of coro and they were fantastic.  Quick ship.  Great info and communication.   Maybe like many businesses do, some should specialize and not branch out.  Lol.  I am in the same boat trying to sort the whole rgb thing out.  Getting close though thanks to everyone here and with help from LOR.   

I've gotten all mine from HC. I have had ( 0 ) Zero Zilch Nada None problems with anything from HC. Maybe I'm one of the lucky few:P.  100% of my strips: dumb and smart including nodes and pixels and all of my controllers are from HC. They offer warranties now but you have to pay a little extra. I get the 3 year warrenty on all my controllers now. I think its worth it. But i know several people will disagree and say it should be included and there stuff is crap and belongs in hell....yada yada yada. This year I ordered more lights though from Ray Wu due to price and convenience because of additional things I ordered. I've only read good things about his stuff so I'll reserve my input until I try them out. Just my 2 cents or 1 cent...oh hell it ain't worth nothin.....:wacko:

• Like 1

Yes, Dave has stepped up his customer service. I have never had a problem with Dave, WOW, Boscoyo, Ray Wu, my Ebay friend and of course LOR (Mary and crew probably best in the list)

Some people love spending other people money!

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 5/31/2017 at 10:29 AM, k6ccc said:

Essentially all the LEDs I buy (both dumb and smart), I get from Ray Wu's store on Alibaba.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799

Just made my first order with him today...  have my fingers crossed all goes well.  Haven't read anything negative about Ray Wu   Wish me luck!  Gonna try me some RGB!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bdwillie said:

Just made my first order with him today...  have my fingers crossed all goes well.  Haven't read anything negative about Ray Wu   Wish me luck!  Gonna try me some RGB!

Did you contact him and haggle the price for the shipping? You can get better shipping by contacting him directly.

• Like 1

I send him a spreadsheet with my required items and  ask for a quote with combined shipping. He will do Paypal if you ask.

He will also do custom orders such as specific wire lengths between pixels. I bought a bunch of pixels with 3 cm wire spacing this year for a project I was doing.No extra charge and had them in 10 days or so.

His direct email address is ray@rita-light.com

55 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Did you contact him and haggle the price for the shipping? You can get better shipping by contacting him directly.

I always send him a private message with my desired order and ask for a quote.  I just pulled up my last order.  I just added up the shipping if I had let Alibaba calculate it.  It came out to $116.82.  By contacting Ray, the shipping was $64.00.  That was DHL and it took less than a week.  What Ray will do is create an invoice that he will message you the link to.  Anyone can look at the invoices BTW, by looking on the left side of Ray's page for the Invoices to customers under store categories.  Once you make the purchase the listing won't be visible anymore, but if you have the link, you can still see it.  In case you care, mine was:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/lights-of-invoice-to-Mr-Jim-4-17-2017/32807627533.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.hPO3gI