Light-O-Rama Forums

Network Preferences Data File

mpageler

Can't figure out what file stores data, entered into "Network Preferences".  With the number of E1.31 networks growing, nice to backup this data and also transfer it to my display PC.

My understanding is that there is no way to transfer that from one computer to another.  If I recall, it's in the registry.  Note that data on one computer may not be translate to another computer well (although for E1.31, that is likely not an issue).  Also note, that you don't need it on any computer except the show computer.  Backup is useful however...

• Like 1

You can find it here.   Make a copy of keys and values by right click then export to a file.   This should mostly be for reference.  Use the LOR network interface to enter and change the values.   

NetPref.jpg

Thanks. 

Still runing 3.12 so best option would be to upgrade to 4, just draging my feet. 

1 hour ago, mpageler said:

Still runing 3.12 so best option would be to upgrade to 4, just draging my feet. 

Lots of reasons to go to 4.

3 hours ago, DevMike said:

Advanced versions of the software allow for the export/import of network preferences - there are buttons to do it.

Thanks Mike, I had forgotten about that.  I did export my Christmas version when I changed back to the year round version in January, so you would have thought that I would have remembered it...

• The topic was locked