Light-O-Rama Forums

Still very new to this.

racerc20

Ok first and foremost.  Thank you to everyone who shares, provides tech help and just is there to bounce ideas off of.  This community is a great group of people.  I am in my second year of this insanely crazy hobby and adding 32 channels and an rgb controller this year.  I have learned how to nake regular sequences with my daughter and the whole family has gotten invovled in decorating, yard setup and show selection.  It is awesome.   

My real question is.  What is the correct way or the painless way to build a sequence for a singing face.  How do you do it?  Whats the tip or trick every newbie sequencer needs to know about doing faces.  I bought the holiday coro 46x46 singing pumpkin and the patch for halloween and two trees for christmas.  I have been very fortunate a cpl of members have shared some sequences and I am grateful.  Keep em coming.  Will accept all.  But I really want to make our own.  My daughter loves sequencing too with me and I want to keep that going.  We have a small yard here in NY and I want to WOW the neighborhood this year even more than last.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Carl

I can give you a tutorial on the faces, I think I offered that in my last email. One thing to think about. I am retired so I have hours to just sit down and sequence. Can take 6-16 hours or more.

I have small segments that I sent via text messages to another member to assist her.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

There are a couple videos on youtube, one to NOT TO pay attention to is by a guy who talks about Pappaassist. It is worthless and a complete waste of hours upon hours.

Itsmebob has a great tutorial but it uses papagayo. Papagayo is a good starting point, just to help learn but once you get that down and create without software the sequences turn out much better and save a lot of time.

JR

Also with just the one "singing" pumpkin you will be limited to the entire effects. You will have to look for songs with one artist. I do not do many of them but I have a few in which you have access to.

Even 4 faces is not enough for some songs, I am working on a MAshup with 36 artists at this time. No copy paste and it is non stop change of lyrics for almost 6 mins. It has taken about 2 hours for each 10 seconds but some of that is looking up some of the lyrics that is hard to understand. I am at 2:13 seconds since last Thursday.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

most painless...use ready made sequences.  Many here share their singing face/tgree sequcnes and you can also buy them, holidaysequences.com, holidaycoro.cor, ebay and others. 

For me, there was enoght selection/variety that I had no problems in putting together 15 sing displays for both Halloween and Christmas. At $8-15 for purchawsed sequences,  just isn't worth the effort for me to build sequences that might be unique or unusual.  

This year for Halloween I have sequenced 85 songs, looking at about the same for Xmas and 35 for New Years. 10 for 4th of July

I think the OP has access to 70 of my 85 that I done, but with 1 Singing face there will be a lot of gaps.

Mike~ I think you also have access to my sequences

JR

7 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

and 35 for New Years. 

35 for New Years?!?!

If you were my neighbor and played 35 sequences after the stroke of midnight for New Years I would shoot your porch light out.  :P

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

35 for New Years?!?!

If you were my neighbor and played 35 sequences after the stroke of midnight for New Years I would shoot your porch light out.  :P

I shoot back. no my shows stop at 9:30 when my boys go to bed. The lights would keep the awake all night.  5:30-9:30 only exception Halloween night.

You should remember though last year due to surgery my show started Sept 25 simply because I knew there was no way id be up and around for Halloween.

BTW- we have land between our homes, I'm surrounded by trees.

Well I see I still have a side affect from Hennesy - I read Halloween.

My New Years show was from sundown to sunup- that was a request from a mother whos son was home from Iraq after getting injured, it was the least I could do. She loved my soldiers silent night and other tributes.

Edited by dibblejr

No worries.  The brother and sisterhood this hobby creates is why this forum survives.  Listening to what people do and why only makes us all a little wiser.

• Like 4