Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer Not Working

tbuff23

Since I added my RGB channels nothing in the visualizer works I believe that I set all the channels

up correctly unit# color and channel #.

Have you upgraded anything else - LOR software in particular?

Have you tried closing and reopening BOTH the Sequence Editor and the Visualizer?

Edited by George Simmons

Are your RGB channels on a LOR network or something else (DMX over RS-485, or E1.31 (DMX over Ethernet) for example).

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

I upgraded my license the channels are in LOR they worked before I added the RGB lights.

Also make sure that the name of the channels in visualizer are exactly the same as the channel names in SE, exactly.

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Also make sure that the name of the channels in visualizer are exactly the same as the channel names in SE, exactly.

I've heard that before, but my names don't match, and it's always worked.  The channel information (controller, and channel) of course match,but the names don't - never have.  Not sure why the names are supposed to match if the channel information matches.

1 hour ago, tbuff23 said:

I upgraded my license the channels are in LOR they worked before I added the RGB lights.

If you want, send me the visualizer .lee file and a Sequence Editor file and I can take a look at them.  What LOR software version are you using?

If you've upgraded your license, go to the Visualizer, go to FILE > OPTIONS and click on tab #6.  At the very bottom, if the Advanced Rendering Engine is checked, uncheck it.

The control panel MUST be running before ANY rgb lights will show up in the visualizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Visualizer stops rendering after about 24 days. When you shut down, you may not be fully shutting down, as described below. A shutdown is more of a hibernation. Try a simple restart command. It resets the internal clock whereas shutdown doesn't. 

Windows 10’s Fast Startup (called Fast Boot in Windows 8) works similarly to the hybrid sleep mode of previous versions of Windows. By saving the operating system state to a hibernation file, it can make your computer boot up even faster, saving valuable seconds every time you turn your machine on. Fast Startup is enabled by default in a clean Windows installation on most laptops and some desktops, but it doesn’t always work perfectly, and there are some downsides that might convince you to turn it off.

15 hours ago, Bill P said:

The control panel MUST be running before ANY rgb lights will show up in the visualizer.

That is correct ONLY if you are using DMX (or E1.31).  If it's all LOR network channels (which the tbuff23's are), that is not a requirement.

He sent me his SE and Viz files.  I found large numbers of errors that were accounting for his problems.  I have sent back via E-Mail data to him to help him fix it.  The short answer was that most of his RGB channels did not match up between SE and Viz.  For example his 300 RGB channel Mega Tree in SE was only eight dumb strings in Viz.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, k6ccc said:

That is correct ONLY if you are using DMX (or E1.31).  If it's all LOR network channels (which the tbuff23's are), that is not a requirement.

He sent me his SE and Viz files.  I found large numbers of errors that were accounting for his problems.  I have sent back via E-Mail data to him to help him fix it.  The short answer was that most of his RGB channels did not match up between SE and Viz.  For example his 300 RGB channel Mega Tree in SE was only eight dumb strings in Viz.

OP's in good hands now.....

The Visualizer is indeed a demanding and uncompromising task master.  You either do it the Visualizer's way or no way.

• Like 1