Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie needs some help

Jordan Carlson

724649efb5bcbddccee063353a7b7595.jpg

Hi, I'm brand new to the light shows and I Just bought these to make my singing faces but I need to attach pig tails to these nodes but my question may seem simple to answer but i don't want to screw this up. I know the red and blue will be My positive and negative connections and the clip with white and blue wires must be my data. Can anyone tell me how to attach those wires to the pigtail. I was guessing that I can cap the blue wire and just use the white but if anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you look closely at the green pc board inside the lights you will see some writing which will tell you exactly what each wire is, you may need a magnifying glass. You should also see an arrow which shows the direction of data flow since data can only travel in one direction through the string.

Personally if it were me I would clip the two wire connector off and solder my own connector on.

Edited by Mr. P

Yes, cut those ends off since they will not match up to any of the waterproof connectors anyway. Also ensure you get the direction correct. Some have an arrow on the pcb but mine did not.

JR

Let me add that using pixels for singing faces is a little tuff fwiw, this is what others have said, I cannot confirm it. They are a little slower at the flashing than normal LED's or Incans. If you go through with it let me know how they work. I have a lot of custom singing face sequences I can share with you when you get that far. You or I will just have to add the RGB channels.

JR

The red is your power positive the white is your data positive and the blue is both your power negative and your data negative.
If you look at the pixel the side with a bunch of little chips on it is the input side, the side with the one big chip on it is the output side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a newbie, going with pixels on face frames will be a little challenging. You'll have to learn how to add pixels channels to a sequence.  If using purchased/shared face sequences, you have to know how to take the 8 channels (1 outline, 2 eyes,   5 mouths) and expand them to whatever number of pixels you have.  For examply, if you use 15 pixels for "eyes open", you'll copy the 1 channels for eyes open (purchased/shared sequence), into your 15 pixels.  You'll really have to keep on top of your pixel counts for each movement as you copy/paste. 

BTW, the last good use of rope lighting in dispays is for singing faces/trees. IMO, it's a more tied together look/feels for face actions, than bulbs/pixels. There's really no reason to make faces overly multi-colored. Other than the outline, best to stick with a single color for the eye and mouth movements. 

Might want to reconsider using pixels for faces and use them somehwere else in the disply. 

• The topic was locked