Light-O-Rama Forums

Oldest Sequencer Here?

building2

Christmas is what you make of it, if you get caught up in the commercialization then that is on you.  I tend to ignore it and plug along doing things for the little ones.  I want to be "that house" that the little kids will tell there kids and their grandkids about.  If I make only one child smile and say "wow" then it has been a successful season in my book.  Growing up we knew where the "wow" houses were and going there never got old even as we got older.

5 hours ago, caniac said:

Christmas is what you make of it, if you get caught up in the commercialization then that is on you.  I tend to ignore it and plug along doing things for the little ones.  I want to be "that house" that the little kids will tell there kids and their grandkids about.  If I make only one child smile and say "wow" then it has been a successful season in my book.  Growing up we knew where the "wow" houses were and going there never got old even as we got older.

Chet- actually IMO Christmas is what the government is pushing on us taking away a lot of our rights to cave to other religions. Don't want to get into all the politics but the true meaning is slowly going away. Too much hate.

listen to the song Bill Anderson "Still believing in Christmas" this is the true meaning/ spirit combined with what's happening in our world.

But yes, I also do it for the children. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I don't think Christmas will ever be a blur as the retailers won't let it as it's their biggest season of the year. I think the meaning and Spirit behind it will change as you can already see that happening.

I meant the "true meaning" exactly retailers will always have this cash cow. You never hear the old Christmas songs playing in the stores anymore. I have seen grown women fighting during Christmas sales in Belks over a pair of shoes. I am talking fists and rolling on the floor. People have gotten shot in the mall over parking spaces. I know it's not limited to Birmingham, just making a statement.

its sad.

JR

Sorry you feel that way, I don't buy into it.  Life is what you make it, it is all about choices we make.  I choose to be happy.

8 minutes ago, caniac said:

Sorry you feel that way, I don't buy into it.  Life is what you make it, it is all about choices we make.  I choose to be happy.

Yes, I am with you. Just a whole lot of other people are not. I am not sad. You, I and a bunch of others here may feel that way but more and more people are not sharing our old beliefs. If they did we would be in a better world. It's a fact of life. 

You met me, I am as happy go lucks as anyone. I did come unraveled at the hotel but that was after a 11 hour trip and not having a room when we arrived and then throw the mixup by the front desk in there, I believe I had the right.

Other than that I wake up every day thankful for yet another day, big smile on my face as I wake up my boys.

Bill Andersons song wraps it all up.

JR

17 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Yes, I am with you. Just a whole lot of other people are not. I am not sad. You, I and a bunch of others here may feel that way but more and more people are not sharing our old beliefs. If they did we would be in a better world. It's a fact of life. 

You met me, I am as happy go lucks as anyone. I did come unraveled at the hotel but that was after a 11 hour trip and not having a room when we arrived and then throw the mixup by the front desk in there, I believe I had the right.

Other than that I wake up every day thankful for yet another day, big smile on my face as I wake up my boys.

Bill Andersons song wraps it all up.

JR

Happy go lucks?  I would say not wrapped to tight!! :)   and they will never forget Caesar!!!  What happens in OKC stays in OKC!

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked