Light-O-Rama Forums

Oldest Sequencer Here?

building2

Don't you mean "Whipper Snappers"?  LOL...

What were we talking about again???? :P

1 minute ago, plasmadrive said:

Don't you mean "Whipper Snappers"?  LOL...

What were we talking about again???? :P

Yep, but with some of the Northern NY accents I have heard I typed it that way. LOL

JR

67 and it seems my best years are the ones I can't remember. I've seen photos that would suggest that may be true..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, roverdish said:

67 and it seems my best years are the ones I can't remember. I've seen photos that would suggest that may be true..

I know that feeling all to well, back when I had my "flow" going and thought I was a bad@$$. lol :) 

then reality set in. :)

Ok guys

competition is won easlily by the oldies. no problem, but for the future, who is the youngest?? And which group is larger, the young ones or the old ones?

olmost grey myself, just turned 61 yesterday, surprisingly lots in the same group of 60+ , is sequencing some kind of after midlife crisis?

And where are the people with the 46,XX genome B)

Happy sequencing from The Netherlands

Dick de Wit

I'm turning 42, but habe been sequencing for 13 years now. So we'll day 55. Sequencing can age you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I feel like in order to get the younger folks into sequencing they need a phone app to do the sequencing with. My 22 year old son almost always has his face in the phone and even though he is musically talented (piano and guitar) I cannot get him interested in helping me with the sequencing. His main interest is the **** phone.

Any younger sequencers want to chine in? Is anybody under 30 creating their own sequences? I would love to see some.

+ one With you Im getting 14 year old granddaughter in to it starting to learn it now will be making some soon

3 hours ago, james morris said:

+ one With you Im getting 14 year old granddaughter in to it starting to learn it now will be making some soon

I tried that with my 12-year old grandson.  Turns out I helped poison the well when I got him his first tablet when he was four or five.  Today, he doesn't have a clue how an ordinary PC works.

3 hours ago, George Simmons said:

I tried that with my 12-year old grandson.  Turns out I helped poison the well when I got him his first tablet when he was four or five.  Today, he doesn't have a clue how an ordinary PC works.

Personally I love having my android, but can't even conceive of sequencing on a tablet.  No where near enough screen space.  Heck I really don't like sequencing on my laptop because it's only a single screen.  The desktop I do most of my sequencing on currently has two 24 inch monitors, and one of these days it will get a third one (need to re-arrange things to make desk space).

I will turn 69 in November and will have been using LOR 4 years in November.  Still doing my own roof work.

I'll throw my hat in to the ring with the young guys. I'm 20. Started last year and am wondering why I didn't start earlier! I personally can't stand the obsession with mobile devices. Don't get me wrong, I love the capability of them and I do own a smartphone and a tablet, but I don't like to spend a lot of time on things that don't give me an end product. That's what I love about sequencing. When you're done you have something to show for it. 

• Like 1

So happy to see some fresh blood and  a younger soul on here sequencing. Gives me hope for the future. 

You're absolutely true about the visual rewards of light sequencing.

I am 55 this year. I started in 2015 buying controllers and lights and learning how to sequence. I thank everyone on this forum for a wealth of information but you have to take the time to look for it which I did. My first show was in 2016 that was completed without a single problem I  did not already know how to fix.

I am not the oldest but my hat is off to the folks that are.

I turned 63 this year.  Been doing this with LOR since 2004 after seeing the Carson Williams video.  I had an animated display since the mid-80's that used 8 bit microprocessor controllers custom built to flash lights in patterns.  This year I am mentoring a neighborhood boy to sequence a song for my Halloween and Christmas shows.  So when I'm ready to hang it up.....   Naw!

I think about hanging it up every year because the wife keeps nagging to add more and more. Every year the #1 spot on the honey-to-do list is Christmas decorations and every year I cross it off just to find it back at the #1 spot, no wonder the list doesn't get any smaller.  :huh:

20 hours ago, roverdish said:

So happy to see some fresh blood and  a younger soul on here sequencing. Gives me hope for the future. 

You're absolutely true about the visual rewards of light sequencing.

I have often said "sequencing is physically keeping me alive". At 52 I am still one of the young bucks here. As the PC garbage gets more fierce every year I believe that Christmas will someday be just a blur in some of our children's memory. Its a shame (not the words I wanted to use).

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

I have often said "sequencing is physically keeping me alive". At 52 I am still one of the young bucks here. As the PC garbage gets more fierce every year I believe that Christmas will someday be just a blur in some of our children's memory. Its a shame (not the words I wanted to use).

JR

I don't think Christmas will ever be a blur as the retailers won't let it as it's their biggest season of the year. I think the meaning and Spirit behind it will change as you can already see that happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

As the PC garbage gets more fierce every year I believe that Christmas will someday be just a blur in some of our children's memory.

Certainly the true meaning of Christmas.  It's nothing but presents to most of the younger people.