Light-O-Rama Forums

S5

Dennis Laff

Yep - When it's ready.

I would not expect anything until it comes out in Beta testing.  If there are people outside of LOR Alpha testing it, no one is talking (if there are such people, they are likely under a NDA).

Based on my perspective of the S4 public Beta (of which I was quite active), it was a success, so I would assume S5 will have a public Beta - but that's just my opinion.

S5 will have a public (open) beta.

S5 is currently undergoing internal testing and debugging.

S5 has not been released to beta yet.

We are targeting 'By Expo' for a Beta release.  Target does not mean scheduled or even 'educated guess'.  It means 'We would like to have something by that time.  We are working very hard to make that date.  But if we don't make it, we will still sleep at night'.

We have a full class load scheduled for Expo this year on introducing S5 to the world.  Those classes will include advanced functions in depth, so some classes have prerequisites. No one will get turned away, but for your maximum benefit, be sure to check the class schedule and attend classes appropriately.  Matt is teaching the bulk of those classes, and since he is the programmer of the LOR Sequencer, you will have the best.  

Sorry, no sneak peeks or more info on functionality/etc in S5.

Thanks for the information Mike, It is greatly appreciated. 

I wont hold you to that date, just knowing you have a target date is good enough for me.

8 hours ago, DevMike said:

S5 will have a public (open) beta.

We are targeting 'By Expo' for a Beta release.

We have a full class load scheduled for Expo this year on introducing S5 to the world.  Those classes will include advanced functions in depth, so some classes have prerequisites. No one will get turned away, but for your maximum benefit, be sure to check the class schedule and attend classes appropriately.  Matt is teaching the bulk of those classes, and since he is the programmer of the LOR Sequencer, you will have the best.  

Thanks for that info Mike.  We understand that you can only say so much.  That much was great!  Looking forward to the Beta when it comes out...

I would love to get to Expo, but I doubt I will be able to :(

when is the expo?

they should do a paid live stream for people who want to take the class but cannot physically be there :)

13-15 July in Nashville, TN.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

Expo will be one of the first places to be introduced to S5, but it won't be the only  place.  We will of course have materials available on our website, and I'm sure that is going to include video tutorials for S5 as well.

We don't control the Expo, so you'll need to ask those people for live streaming/etc.  We also can't just tape our classes there and then post them (as that 'performance' is owned by the Expo people).  What we do still own is the content - which means the hard part (developing the materials) is done for a tutorial video. --  I'm sure that we will use that material in some way.

Anyone here attending the Expo?  Four hours away for me, I'm gonna try, its a tight schedule for me though. Would be great to meet some more of the LOR community.

JR

Where can we get more info on the expo?

Google is your friend (that's how I found it).
ChristmasExpo.com

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

• The topic was locked