Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR "Plug and Show" 12 CCR II SS Ribbon Tree Kit

dibblejr

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

At least you have a lift, my house is three stories and I use a 40 foot extension ladder. Try hanging off the top of one of those 40 feet up.  :D

I just rent it from Sunbelt, rent on Friday afternoon and I get it for the weekend at the daily rate. I hate renting after the incident, scared to death. If you've never seen a manlift take off on its own it is a scary scenario. The leveler leg just missed me and had it not caught the edge of my driveway and spun it around, no telling how far down the street, homes, cars it would have went. I live on a hill with small declines and inclines.

At the angle I would need about 75-80' ladder. My marine friend wanted to put 2 ladders together. That's why I left the USMC and joined the Army.

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

At the angle I would need about 75-80' ladder. My marine friend wanted to put 2 ladders together. That's why I left the USMC and joined the Army.

Now you know why they call them jar heads.  :lol:

That is a great piece. I would still probably pot some spikes in the ground and put the legs over the spikes, but that gives me something to work with

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Now you know why they call them jar heads.  :lol:

He said he'd go up it as long as I held it, but ive known him for 35 years and would like to continue our BBQ days as well as sit at the local store and just watch people when we get in our 70's.

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

That is a great piece. I would still probably pot some spikes in the ground and put the legs over the spikes, but that gives me something to work with

A piece like that with 3 or 4 guide ropes at the top and it won't move.

Just now, dibblejr said:

He said he'd go up it as long as I held it, but ive known him for 35 years and would like to continue our BBQ days as well as sit at the local store and just watch people when we get in our 70's.

I don't know, a PLF (parachute landing fall) from that height would still hurt.

I don't know, a PLF (parachute landing fall) from that height would still hurt.

Yes, I know a high distance fall far to well. Early retirement at 26 years was trying to go for 30. I was rated 60% out the door.

JR

25 years as an Airborne Ranger jumping since 1987, 142 military jumps and 418 civilian jumps. 6 combat tours, blown up and shot twice in my last tour so I figured it was time to get out while I still could. Wasn't even thinking about 30 at that time just wanted to be able to walk away.

25 years as an Airborne Ranger jumping since 1987, 142 military jumps and 418 civilian jumps.

As a pilot, I just can't see jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!  Now a friend of mine did get his F4 all shot up and bailed out over the South China Sea a bunch of decades ago - different situation!

Just now, k6ccc said:

As a pilot, I just can't see jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!  Now a friend of mine did get his F4 all shot up and bailed out over the South China Sea a bunch of decades ago - different situation!

I have been up in a bunch of planes, just haven't landed in very many.  :D

9 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

25 years as an Airborne Ranger jumping since 1987, 142 military jumps and 418 civilian jumps. 6 combat tours, blown up and shot twice in my last tour so I figured it was time to get out while I still could. Wasn't even thinking about 30 at that time just wanted to be able to walk away.

The true Heroes. !!!!

I'm with Jim on this. I promised to never fly again after retirement and I have been true to my word. Told my friends and family when I die if they fly me anywhere I will be the worst ghost imaginable!

I had some bad flights as a "leg".

JR

• The topic was locked