Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller Not Detected

Scott Parker

My CTB16D controller is detecting a connection to the PC, the light turns solid when the controller is connected and the comm port is selected. But the PC is not detecting the fact that there is a controller on the port. Any Suggestions?

Edited by Scott Parker

What do you mean that the pc is not detecting it , Can you see it in the hardware utility ?

I assume you are not seeing the controller in the Hardware Utility.  What do you have set as the Unit ID for the search (upper right corner of the HU display)?

Does the controller run the lights as it's supposed to?  If so, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it.  Actually, in that case, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Does the controller run the lights as it's supposed to?  If so, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it.  Actually, in that case, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

It does not run any shows. Like you said if it ran any shows i wouldnt worry about it.

14 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I assume you are not seeing the controller in the Hardware Utility.  What do you have set as the Unit ID for the search (upper right corner of the HU display)?

I have it set to 240 or whatever's the max.

Can you get other controllers to be picked up on the same cable and adapter? Use process of elimination to trace down what's causing the problem including any cables. If you get down to the only thing is the controller, start a trouble ticket. Remember to test on both RJ45 jacks on the board. 

Edited by Ebuechner

1 hour ago, Scott Parker said:

I think you are misunderstanding. Each controller has to have a unit ID 1- however many you have. If this is your only and first controller in would #1. Instructions on how to set up the controller from opening the box to assigning the unit ID should have been provided. If not you can go on the LOR main site and under Help/ manuals it should be there.

Normally LOR ships them assigned to Unit ID #1. If I were you ID start from the very beginning. I believe the instructions in the box are pretty easy to understand as long as you do not skip anything.

Just slow down, regroup and start from the beginning.

Good luck

JR

1 hour ago, Scott Parker said:

Unless you have 240 controllers in your network set the search parameter to the number of controllers you actually have or like 5 or 10 or 15 and so on. Otherwise it will take FOREVER for the software to "look" for all of the LOR controllers on the network.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BMurray said:

Unless you have 240 controllers in your network set the search parameter to the number of controllers you actually have or like 5 or 10 or 15 and so on. Otherwise it will take FOREVER for the software to "look" for all of the LOR controllers on the network.

Your LOR License level also determines which ID's are allowed to be used.(outside of the HW Utility)

3 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Your LOR License level also determines which ID's are allowed to be used.(outside of the HW Utility)

That too... and how many controllers can be used

• The topic was locked