Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about the factory installed "jump"

SugarCreekLights

I bought a few Pixie(4)(8)(16) controllers this year. After reading the instructions provided, I've found that they all have the "factory installed jump" limiting the channels to 50 pixels. Are there any "how to" videos out there to assist with the removal? Thanks in advance

43 minutes ago, SugarCreekLights said:

I bought a few Pixie(4)(8)(16) controllers this year. After reading the instructions provided, I've found that they all have the "factory installed jump" limiting the channels to 50 pixels. Are there any "how to" videos out there to assist with the removal? Thanks in advance

Actually, you can do up to 100 pixels per port/string and 300 channels per unit ID.

I MAX GRABed  :) a couple of pixie4's this year. I tested with the HW Utility with 100 pix on a port.

I did play with the advanced PIXEL setting in the HW utility that allow OTHER than the default setting.

That might be part of the confusion. The HC (12V) PIX I bought come in strings of 50's. You probably need Power inject at that point anyway if you are USING 5V PIX on a longer string

The config option in Hardware Utility is ghosted not giving the option to configure the controllers from 50 to 100. The manual states a jump has been installed if the config tool is not available. I need to know how to remove the jump

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

I MAX GRABed  :) a couple of pixie4's this year. I tested with the HW Utility with 100 pix on a port.

I did play with the advanced PIXEL setting in the HW utility that allow OTHER than the default setting.

That might be part of the confusion. The HC (12V) PIX I bought come in strings of 50's. You probably need Power inject at that point anyway if you are USING 5V PIX on a longer string

I have 12v 50 count as well. I plugged 100 of them into channel 1 of my Pixie 16 and pressed the test button - Only 50 light up. It is my understanding there is some sort of factory installed "jump" that prohibits me from configuring the unit to run 100 pixels per channel. I was hoping someone was familiar with this so I didn't have to wait until Monday to call. When I adjust the voltage on the power supply, all 100 light up so I know there is plenty of power.

35 minutes ago, SugarCreekLights said:

I have 12v 50 count as well. I plugged 100 of them into channel 1 of my Pixie 16 and pressed the test button - Only 50 light up. It is my understanding there is some sort of factory installed "jump" that prohibits me from configuring the unit to run 100 pixels per channel. I was hoping someone was familiar with this so I didn't have to wait until Monday to call. When I adjust the voltage on the power supply, all 100 light up so I know there is plenty of power.

What version of S4 are you using? You would need 4.3.18 to fully support the Pixie.

From what I am understanding jumper JP5 is a hardware configuration which overrides the HU, try removing that jumper.

Jumpers (JP5)

These jumpers are used to force a configuration for the RGB IC, color order and pixels/string. If your board has a jumper, you can transfer the settings of this jumper into the configuration EEPROM by changing any parameter on the configuration page or by changing the unit ID. Once you have done this, you can remove the jumper and the Hardware Utility will be able to change any parameter.

Edited by Mr. P

• The topic was locked