Light-O-Rama Forums

Help! Again!

bdwillie

Had a prop/fixture already working in visualizer.  When actually building the prop in real life decided to make it easier by using dumb strips instead of LED strings.  Have the universe set up in sequencer, and will control the dumb strips just perfectly.  Actual lights turn on and off just like they should.  Back to visualizer...  Click on the prop, go to properties, change from a LOR controller to DMX - universe 1 - Address 1, 2, and 3 for the Dumb strings in use.  Won't work..  prop will not show up in visualizer when a sequence is played.  All other "yard" items are showing up just fine.  What have I done incorrectly?:blink:

22 hours ago, jerry72 said:

Did you change your channels and universe in the SE?

Yes Sir!

Did that, but no joy

Update,  deleted the old fixture in visualizer and remade it, but for the life of me I cannot get this dumb strip of lights to work in visualizer.  The actual strip is hooked up and merrily flashing away.  cannot find anything on youtube for this.  pulling out the rest of my hair here, I am missing something!

15 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

What controller are you using for the dumb strips?

Actidongle,  The actual physical lights are working, just not in visualizer.

OK GOT IT!  Apparently Commlistner has to be running for the universe to work in visualizer.  It works now!-_-

On 5/6/2017 at 5:04 PM, bdwillie said:

Yes Sir!

Did that, but no joy

Just thought i would ask, because i spent days trying to get visualizer to work, only ,to find out that i had no set up the channels correctly.

On 5/6/2017 at 6:36 PM, bdwillie said:

OK GOT IT!  Apparently Commlistner has to be running for the universe to work in visualizer.  It works now!-_-

Yep.  Starting in S4, the Comm Listener must be running for any non-LOR channels to work to visualizer.