Light-O-Rama Forums

What is your favorite must have Christmas song? What about new song ideas?

lele79

We are currently working on new songs for our display this year and wanted to get ideas for new songs and artist! Let me know what your favorite songs are and what are some new songs for this year??  I think my favorite for this year so far is Away in a Manger by Casting Crowns!

untitled.png.ccd85ef805904a0c34b0283a677cb6ce.png

Thanks!

• Like 1

Most TSO (Trans Siberian Orchestra) songs or ones by Mannheim Steamroller are classics to our family. We also have done "throwbacks" to classic movies like "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch."

• Like 1

When I started, it was mostly TSO and Mannheim Steamroller, and a military tribute (plus one from my church orchestra and organ that had special meaning to me).  The next year I added a couple more traditional Christmas carols (Jingle Bells and Rudolph), and Soldier's Silent Night.  Last year I added a couple more (Feliz Navidad, and Mr. Grinch).  For 2017 I'm adding a Hanukkah song, and likely something else, but I have not finalized on that yet).  Whenever Frontier gets my internet back up, you can go to my website - http://www.newburghlights.org and the list of songs for 2016 is there.

• Like 1

It's all TSO for Paul O'Neill in my display this year. A dedication for him, the band and his fans.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I love Christmas Can Can (As seen below.) It is fun, fast paced, and enjoyable. It was a huge hit too. Everyone I talked to about the show all mentioned how much they loved that song!! 

• Like 1

I have done a lot of singing faces and yes Christmas Can Can is up at the top, Christmas Rhapsody, Carol of the Bells ~Barlow Girls, Mr Heatmiser ~ Groovebarbers to name a few. All of those are multi part and fun esp for the trees.

JR

• Like 1

We always have one Elvis and one TSO song each year. My favorites are big band style songs from Brian Setzer or Denver and the Mile high Orchestra. It is really complex and the possibilities with the programming is endless.

SPaschall

• Like 1

My family devotes everything about our show to the actual Christmas story. Several years ago the national Christian touring group Truth (4 members of which later formed the Christian supergroup 4Him) recorded an exceptionally moving track called The Carolers Song that has become by far our favorite. We are switching this year to RGB pixels only, and are extremely excited about new potential for the vocals, orchestration, and meaning of its lyrics. Here is a link

https://youtu.be/EPcJeSnXwrw

Odd factoid: the songwriter, Mark Harris, who has written or co-written 25 number-one Contemporary Christian songs joined the staff of a church less than a mile from our home in 2013. This is the first song we're programming with our redesign and would be ecstatic to hear more experienced, higher skilled suggestions even if you don't choose to use it yourselves. Hope you enjoy the song.

6 minutes ago, samstone11 said:

My family devotes everything about our show to the actual Christmas story. Several years ago the national Christian touring group Truth (4 members of which later formed the Christian supergroup 4Him) recorded an exceptionally moving track called The Carolers Song that has become by far our favorite. We are switching this year to RGB pixels only, and are extremely excited about new potential for the vocals, orchestration, and meaning of its lyrics. Here is a link

https://youtu.be/EPcJeSnXwrw

Odd factoid: the songwriter, Mark Harris, who has written or co-written 25 number-one Contemporary Christian songs joined the staff of a church less than a mile from our home in 2013. This is the first song we're programming with our redesign and would be ecstatic to hear more experienced, higher skilled suggestions even if you don't choose to use it yourselves. Hope you enjoy the song.

Nice little tune, will add to my singing trees list to produce. Thanks for sharing

JR

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SPaschall said:

We always have one Elvis and one TSO song each year. My favorites are big band style songs from Brian Setzer or Denver and the Mile high Orchestra. It is really complex and the possibilities with the programming is endless.

SPaschall

I did Yabba Dabba Yueltide Derkengoogly (Don) while at the OKC mini. Singing FAce sequence. It is Brian Setzer

Started out with many old classic songs. Have expended display to include some modern songs like Shake up Christmas, Christmis this year andLight of christmas.  They are all upbeat, good message type songs that really make me smile. 

So now I have a display with songs dating from  60's to the present, whicyh I really enjoy.  Probably my favorite is Drummer Boy by Pentatonmixs. 

Adding some alterative christmas shows this year using classic tunes:

O Holy Night = Divided By Friday

Mary Do You Know = Kutless

Do You Hear What I Hear = Spiraling

Pretty sweet tunes - check them out!

Last year I added Magic from Pilot. 

Just think about the lyrics.<_<

Ho Ho Ho it's magic. 

And it's a catchy tune that everybody recognizes.

• Like 1

This year I am adding:

Winter Palace  TSO One of my favorites.

Try Everything by Shakira. My granddaughters grade school theme song.

Miraculum by Lincoln Brewster. It is a 6 minute song but I am working on making it shorter without ruining it.

A lot of great ideas here.

Last year I did New Song's - Christmas Shoes for singing faces along with many others. 

I will be accepting singing faces Christmas requests in the fall so if you have one in mind keep it ready and watch for my thread. Of course they are FREE

JR

Ebuechner  I already did that one about a month ago. Not sure it is a request and I cant remember if you have faces but if you want it I can send it to you.

JR

12 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Ebuechner  I already did that one about a month ago. Not sure it is a request and I cant remember if you have faces but if you want it I can send it to you.

JR

It's one I was going to be working on for this upcoming year. I wouldn't mind having the having the faces if it's not an inconvenience to you. 

ejbuechner@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Ebuechner said:

It's one I was going to be working on for this upcoming year. I wouldn't mind having the having the faces if it's not an inconvenience to you. 

ejbuechner@gmail.com

Will send it over sometime this weekend. Keep on losing internet connection so took a min. Got to assist my sis n law with car problems. You know all about that. Immaturity, car wont start because hasn't had oil change in a couple years, hasn't checked oil and Lexus put a safety switch, low oil car no starty. LOL

JR