Light-O-Rama Forums

How to remove and replace a prop with loosing my sequence

Jack

I need to remove a prop , (16 string mega tree) and replace it with a 12 string, 1 fold tree.

I would like to keep the Sequence that was made. However, I have another issue when I tried to run this sequence only the first 5 pixels on string1 and the first 4 pixels on string 2 come on. I'm hoping that the prop issue will fix this issue also.

I've tried deleting the prop, I've tried to Modify the old prop with the new info. no luck

What I'm looking for is the step by step, how to.

I'm running the S4 pro and made the prop in the PE software.

Thanks,

Jack

Deleting the prop will deleting the sequencing that went along with it - so you don't want to do that.

I would recommend creating the new in the preview and leaving the old tree there. Open the sequence and you should have rows for both. Now simply select the 2 rows for the old prop, copy to the clipboard, then paste onto the new prop. Once you have verified that the effects are working properly on the new tree, save the sequence and close it. Edit the preview and delete the obsolete tree. When you open the sequence again it will be gone.

Most PE effects scale nicely, so it should look ok on the smaller tree. However, double check picture effects (there is a scale option that you likely want checked), and text effects (they may not look as nice with fewer pixels).

Hope that helps,

Matt

Matt,

It doesn't seam like I can add more props to this Sequence, do I need to turn something off or reset? (intensity data)

maybe I have made / placed the my props in the wrong place?

Sorry for being a pain,

Jack

Matt,

I don't really know what I did differently or what BUT, I got the new prop made and the data Copied and Pasted. Just as you said above.

Now what I need to know is can I just do a new "Intensity Data"  click in the PE file and then go to my Seq. in SE mode and do a "Load Intensities and fades from current Seq." OR do I need to do something else?

Thanks for your help,

Jack