Light-O-Rama Forums

How to create "opening movie" circles on tree

brichi

I was hoping for an idea on how to do this, in the beginning of one of my shows i want to create circles that circle all around the pixel tree like a fan fair type movie opening type deal. any ideas? I tried using a few circle wing dings but no luck, couldn't ding anything good in SS either, thanks guys!

I'm not following what you are trying to do.  Can you explain it better (it's the "fan fair type movie opening" part I'm not following).

like pre show spot lights, similar to this but i just want it to be circles going all over the tree vs the beams

I would suggest using Google to find animated GIF images, e.g. try searching for "animated search lights" (or similar terms). Download the GIF file you like, then use the picture effect to play it.

Matt

OK, I sort of get what you're trying to do.  I think it's going to be pretty hard to make look decent because of the really low resolution that we have available.

As I understand it, you want a circle to be essentially bouncing around the pixel tree - then repeat with several more in a co-ordinated fashion.  To get something that at least sort of looks like a circle would require at least three pixels across (absolute minimum).  With only 12 or 16 pixels in width, that does not give much room for movement of several objects in a co-ordinated fashion.  If you can settle for a single pixel moving around instead of a circle, you have a little more movement options.  A middle ground would be a block that is two pixels across.  Matt likely has the best answer in PE.  Since you asked about trying it in SuperStar, I would assume moving an image around would be the answer there as as well.

Is this an idea of what you're trying to do?  Sorry for the really crappy video...

https://youtu.be/7XKCnT0g_aM

You'll have to click the link - YouTube would not allow embedding it.

This was done in about one minute in SuperStar and it's a 2x2 pixel block with four colors  (although you can't tell that much in the video).

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Is this an idea of what you're trying to do?  Sorry for the really crappy video...

You'll have to click the link - YouTube would not allow embedding it.

This was done in about one minute in SuperStar and it's a 2x2 pixel block with four colors  (although you can't tell that much in the video).

video unavailable :(

3 minutes ago, brichi said:

Yep, no longer available.  That's what I saw before my PM but I forgot to post

26 minutes ago, brichi said:

Try it now.  For some reason, although I had pushed the "Publish" button and YouTube reported it was live and gave me the link, it did not really publish it.  Did it again, and just watched it from a computer that was NOT logged into my Google account and it worked.

pretty much I want round white circles to smoothly go around the tree like a search light or flashlight is point at a wall in a circular pattern/motion

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Try it now.  For some reason, although I had pushed the "Publish" button and YouTube reported it was live and gave me the link, it did not really publish it.  Did it again, and just watched it from a computer that was NOT logged into my Google account and it worked.

how did u make that pattern move? Maybe I can work with that and make it the way I want 

18 minutes ago, brichi said:

pretty much I want round white circles to smoothly go around the tree like a search light or flashlight is point at a wall in a circular pattern/motion

You mean more like this?

14 minutes ago, brichi said:

how did u make that pattern move? Maybe I can work with that and make it the way I want 

It's just an image that is being moved around.  Very easy.  Done in SuperStar.

Just now, brichi said:

exactly but a filled in circle so its all white

OK, a filled circle is no more difficult than a hollow one. 

If you don't figure it out in SuperStar, PM me a phone number and I can walk you through it pretty easily.  I can also e-Mail you the file that created those videos.

this is what I did really quick to give you an idea of what I meant, ill be adding more but this was quick.... thanks for the help!!

I think you're figuring it out.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!