Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Pixel sizes wrong in visualizer

PKingRoch

Using Version 4.3.18 Pro, I'm having an issue with a new fixture I am creating.  I've created the fixture as RGB DMX Bulbs and I set the size to be 16 - largest.  You can see this in layout mode and the image called fixture in Layout.

The problem is that during simulation the pixel size is very small (probably a 1).  You can see this in the image called fixture during simulation.

What can I do to get the simulation size to match the layout size?

I'm including the fixture file and the fixture properties.

Thanks!

Paul King

fixture in Layout.PNG

fixture during simulation.PNG

fixture properties.PNG

20-pixel star.lff

Not versed at VIS and pixels but I have created props. Could it be that the size of pixels and spacing can not work? Just a guess.

** I grew up not far from you and my family is all over your area.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

The odd part is I can't modify the spacing or the shape, so I don't know if that is the issue or not.

If they are in the area make sure they stop by after Thanksgiving :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PKingRoch said:

The odd part is I can't modify the spacing or the shape, so I don't know if that is the issue or not.

If they are in the area make sure they stop by after Thanksgiving :)

My brother live in Prattsburg, mom Corning, Dad Woodhull, aunts and uncles Cameron, Bath, Campbell, Savona. My brother worked/ lived in Rochester for many years.

At first I read that "for Thanksgiving" that's how they do it at home. Everyone just comes and goes, open door policy

I'm gonna play around with those settings will let you know what happens.

LOL

Here's my problem with your settings.

My VIS looke nothing like yours. I am also on same version as you. I had this exact same problem in SS in Feb.

I was able to create the fixture, however I am not given any spacing options (greyed out) once I select 20 bulbs with size 16. My pixels were placed on the points of each cross section.

JR

I've tried other settings on the size.  The spacing and shape are greyed out no matter what.  It's like the RGB DMX wizard sets something to keep you from adjusting this in the properties.

The funny thing is, I set it up as 20 pixels but on the screen you show it says 19 and cant be edited. On the fixture it has 20 surrounding the black outline. I've tried everything to get there.

This has me curious so maybe someone with more experience in RGB vis setips will  will chime in.

JR

5 hours ago, PKingRoch said:

I've tried other settings on the size.  The spacing and shape are greyed out no matter what.  It's like the RGB DMX wizard sets something to keep you from adjusting this in the properties.

worked for me. I put them in straight line. Shouldn't matter though. I was able to change the size of them and it worked in simulation. I suggest delete the fixture, back all the way out of LOR and try again.