Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 Visualizer - getting started guide

caniac

tinkered with this three years ago but not since so I am really grey on getting started.  Have imported my house pic in and need to outline my house (best way to do that), design a marquee prop if non available, Mega Tree.  these props are all RGB.

Chet- I am sure some one will come beat me up for this but here is what I did.

Open Visualizer

You will be prompted to add image or select no image (you said you got this)

You can add the image or select to open an older VIS file so select your one you made

Now in the quick tool bar at the top of the page select "Draw string" or "Draw RGB string" cant remember, like you I am rusty at it.

Then just draw a line using the pencil tool. Each time you let go it will ask you to add the lights or something. I don't know how many time I screwed up before I got the hang of it.

Once done I imported it to PE.

I did my web and spiders along with my house.

Hope that at least gets you started.

JR

The thing that trips me up about the Pencil tool , is the point is DOWN, not up like other draw progs that I have used..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

The thing that trips me up about the Pencil tool , is the point is DOWN, not up like other draw progs that I have used..

Yes, it makes it very difficult for my eyes to connect the final dot. Especially with a star. Had my wife terminate the points for me.

JR

Chet, I forgot, the MT has wizards

Bob probably has an awesome Marquee file

JR

Edited by dibblejr

21 minutes ago, caniac said:

don't I have to have visualizer setup in order to pull it into SS?

Yes

JR

If you are using the Visualizer mode for layout configuration in SuperStar, then yes - you have to layout your show in Visualizer.

Looking back at your first post, nothing you are trying to do is difficult in Visualizer.  Are you doing your RGB in LOR pixels or via DMX?  It varies how you set it up.

After you get a handle on Visualizer, I'd recommend using the SharpIn Tool by itsmebobo. It can really improve your crooked lines, radius, circles, etc... You can read about it here. There are included help / how to videos.

Alan...

• Like 1

ok, I am at an impasse.  have made my megatree for my Halloween display.  got the universes and pixels configured but when I put it in simulation mode and run the SE nothing shows up in the Visualizer window.

If it's DMX (or E1.31), you must have the LOR control panel running.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

do I need to have the netowork config setup?  This is my new PC and I haven't done that yet.

I don't remember. Normally the only time I use Visualizer to simulate a sequence is when the show is running on the show computer and I'm watching it using Visualizer on my sequencing computer. Can't hurt to set it up. Is your MegaTree using LOR networking or DMX?

11 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I don't remember. Normally the only time I use Visualizer to simulate a sequence is when the show is running on the show computer and I'm watching it using Visualizer on my sequencing computer. Can't hurt to set it up. Is your MegaTree using LOR networking or DMX?

for Christmas I will do one of each but for Halloween will only have the DMX RGB Tree running.

Must have the LOR control panel running for DMX. E1.31 I assume?

Just now, k6ccc said:

Must have the LOR control panel running for DMX. E1.31 I assume?

yup, no network config necessary.  when i did that it ran fine. thanks!!

That was a VERY common issue when S4 first came out.

Ok, next challenge.  Created a Marquee or at least I thought I did.  8 strands of pixels 50 pixels wide.  Can get the first strand to show up and config in VI but not the remaining 7 strands.  once done I will want to export the prop.  any help appreciated.

Export the prop and E-Mail it to me and I'll take a look at it.
Jim at k6ccc dot org