Light-O-Rama Forums

POWER ISSUES

Jeffery m

SO wAS GOING TO TEST A SEQUENCE AND FOR SOME REASON ON ONE OF MY CONTROLLERS{CTB16} 30 AMP WHEN i WENT TO PLUG IN THE POWER PLUG ON THE LEFT SIDE IT DID NOT COME ON BUT THE RIGHT SIDE DID.     ANY IDEAS ?

Sounds like you didn't get both legs plugged in. The CTB16 30amp has two power cords (unless you've modified it) that have to be plugged in. 

i REALIZE THEY BOTH HAVE TO BE PLUGGED IN BUT STILL THE WHEN THE RIGHT SIDE WAS PLUGGED IN THE LIGHT WAS BLINKING NOT SO FOR THE LEFT SIDE

There is only one blinking light. As stated there are two power cords, one for the left bank (1-8) and one for the right bank (9-16), The power cord for the right bank (9-16) also provides power for the main board itself so hence the blinking led light.

Some of the more experienced lighters modify the boxes to use only one power cord if they are using all LED lights.

• Like 1

If BOTH power cords are plugged in and only one side is NOT working/functional, chances are the fuse on that side of the board has blown.   Remove fuse, check with a continuity tester, if bad, replace fuse, if good, put it back in and then do a hard reset of the controller, hopefully that corrects the issue.   

Most often when this happens it's usually always a blown fuse, however it could also be a bad power connection from the power cord, unplug the controller form ALL POWER supplies, then check the wires ate the end of the power cord on the PCB{Printed Circuit Board} in the controller box, check to be sure all the spades that the power cord attaches too do not move when slightly wiggled, if any of them do, either find another spade that can be used for that particular wire or, remove the wire from that space, then reflow and add some more solder to secure the loose spade, reattach the power cord wire and repower the unit to see if all is well.

I had this happen with one of my controllers, the solder had broken loose just enough that the neutral {white wire} spade was not making very good electrical contact, reflowed the solder and added a small bit more, reattached the neutral wire back to it and corrected the issue I had.

Sp that's a couple of things to watch for when this happens, it could happen to the "hot" {black} white spade terminal as well, so check those as well.  The hot{black} and neutral{white} wires are the ones to check, as they are what supply the main power to the unit via the power cords, the ground should be checked, but even if they were loose, they wouldn't or shouldn't cause one side of the board not to work, only power or a fuse in most cases.

Good Luck.