Light-O-Rama Forums

How to lock a LOR residential controller?

LogansportLights

So I'm new to the light show game and just got my first controller but I'm wondering how to lock it. It has a hole for a padlock but you can just open it with the main screw.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Logansport Lights

1 hour ago, LogansportLights said:

So I'm new to the light show game and just got my first controller but I'm wondering how to lock it. It has a hole for a padlock but you can just open it with the main screw.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Logansport Lights

The newer cases have:

There are 2 parts with holes. (the same 2 parts that the screw engages with). The lock goes thru both

If you got one of the 'brand new" controllers I read in another thread that they have changed the box style and that yes the locking mechanism is different however I have never seen one to know the difference.

As Tom mentioned if you can give us specifics or a picture. Seems odd that after locking with a padlock you could still take out the main screw. On some of mine there are 2 screws, one to secure the locking mech to the box and the other to actually use to secure the door. They also have a padlock hole so there is no way without removing the door or smashing the box to get it open.

On another note - I just use the screw to secure it.

JR

I've never tried locking one, but on the controllers closest to the street I use a zip tie (through the locking holes) to make sure the door stays closed.

You are missing a piece. (gen 3 enclosure)

The tab on the Body should have a plastic piece screwed into it that, which  provides the hole for the lock.

24 minutes ago, LogansportLights said:

I've posted the photos here: https://forums.planetchristmas.com/index.php?/topic/59999-how-to-lock-a-lor-residential-controller/  

This forum kept limiting the upload size.

Thanks,

Nick

Logansport Lights

There should be a tab with lock hole in both halves. In your link, I cant really tell but it appears that maybe your lock tab is broken off. Like I said I cant tell, it could be paint chip from the home or whatever it is on.

Did you buy this brand new or used? If new and not broken it may be just defective.

Your pictures are sideways and don't show both halves close together.

JR

2 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

You are missing a piece. (gen 3 enclosure)

The tab on the Body should have a plastic piece screwed into it that, which  provides the hole for the lock.

I have 2 Gen 2's with that same enclosure and both have just as you described. I just checked my 14 controllers to compare front covers.

Hey, thanks for all your help so far, I attached some more pictures.

Thanks,

Nick

Logansport Lights

Edited by LogansportLights

18 minutes ago, LogansportLights said:

Hey, thanks for all your help so far, I attached some more pictures.

Thanks,

Nick

Logansport Lights

Yes, attach the second part to the other. One screw will be used to attach it to the box. You can tell if you do it correctly because the piece will stay attached. The other screw would be used to secure the top to the base cover. Then you will be able to place a lock in the hole and will not have access to remove the screw that attaches it to the base.

JR

That is the missing part

The ADAPTER attachment screw aligns with the deep well on the cover