Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie4 equal pixels per port

TheDucks

Testing my new Pixie4 and HC pixels. I tested with 50 pix per port. (board and PIX, pass :) )

The question is: can I have some PORTS at 100 and others at 50 / port 

The HW utility seems to be all ports the same with 1 setting

Second question: Is the Pixie4 ALWAYS 4 unit ID's even if I don't use a couple of ports?

First question - yes you can.  Configure the board for 100 per port, and you can use fewer with no problems.  Configure it for 50 and any over that number will be ignored.

Second question - yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

First question - yes you can.  Configure the board for 100 per port, and you can use fewer with no problems.  Configure it for 50 and any over that number will be ignored.

Second question - yes.

Thanks. (there is no way avoiding the jump to Pro :P )  12 devices now  (2 AC, 2DC and 2 pixie 4's)

22 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Thanks. (there is no way avoiding the jump to Pro :P )  12 devices now  (2 AC, 2DC and 2 pixie 4's)

You could save $50 (at least for now) and only go to Advanced.  That will allow you unlimited controllers.  You'll likely want the Pro eventually however...

To use enhanced LOR network(s) you need Pro.  If you're expecting you'll add more pixels as you go along, you might as well do it now.  IMO, no sense farting around with fewer tools than what's available.

• The topic was locked