Light-O-Rama Forums

10w 8 pack Floods Prop set up

Jack

How do you set up this prop cant seam to find "Floods" in the drop down , I'm in the PE program and running S4 software.

Thanks,

Jack

Per the LOR book for the "CMB24D DMX" that came with my light kit,  ver.1 2013, page 15 says you need to use the Sequence Editor for Sequences.

Jack

The 10W floods are just another RGB channel set.  They can be programmed in SE, SuperStar, or Pixel Editor - I do mine in SuperStar.

Jim,

Thanks  for the response. I still  missing something, in the SE mode I would add 24 lines and call them something like 5-1 red,5-1 green, 5-1 blue, 5-2 red,5-2 green, 5-2 blue etc. 5 being the controller ID number. Correct?

how do I do this in PE I don't have SS yet but might be forced into it. How do you make a prop with 24 different channels?

Thanks, 

Jack

Just now, Jack said:

Thanks  for the response. I still  missing something, in the SE mode I would add 24 lines and call them something like 5-1 red,5-1 green, 5-1 blue, 5-2 red,5-2 green, 5-2 blue etc. 5 being the controller ID number. Correct?

Pretty much.  The one step would be to convert them to RGB channels so you would end up with a line for each RGB device rather than one line for each channel.  If that does not make sense, I can post some screen captures.

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

how do I do this in PE I don't have SS yet but might be forced into it. How do you make a prop with 24 different channels?

Can't help you with PE - never really used it.  With SuperStar, it's easy using a visualization to import configuration.  I sequence EVERYTHING in SuperStar (single color lights, multi-color strings, dumb RGB, and smart RGB using LOR (Cosmic Color Pixels), and smart RGB using E1.31).

Jim,  I think you'r talking about an Intensity Data File, like I did in PE for my tree, but that was / is basically one channel with lots of data. Maybe I'm all messed up.

Do you have a couple of screen shots in SS that shows how you would do this, I guess I better go find some more .pdf's etc

When you where talking about my SE question you said to convert to RGB channel for each device. Are you calling all 8 floods one device or each light?

Sorry I'm getting myself screwed up.

Jack

Jim, I think I just figured out how to make RGB channels. In my SE file, I now have 8 lines each a RGB line. One for each flood.

Is this what you where you where talking about?

Thanks, Sorry for being a pain.

Jack

hey jack

I am not the one to respond to PE questions , I don't know .

To insert RGB channels in SE, go to the last channel at the bottom>right click>insert RGB channels>insert multiple RGB channels below>select "8">OK

You would then right click each RGB channel and address and rename them. Your in good hands with Jim, just thought I would throw that out there.

Thanks, Finally got it figured out  after some help from everyone.

The User Manual could have just a couple of more pages for basic setup and programming.

I have lots to get done and just a small amount of time, don't want to waste it chasing the rabbit.

Thanks to ALL,

Jack

• The topic was locked