Light-O-Rama Forums

Sucker for Pain Feedback

Terpsmurf

I am looking for some feedback on the sequence I have been working on and finished yesterday after about 16 hours of screen time. Just looking for thoughts on whether to use at Halloween or not, plus thoughts on the way I have squeezed 6 vocal parts into 4 faces for the standard 5 mouth movements. I also created it using 5 faces for my display, but I only use 4 mouth movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgY_eHqLvFo

Edited by Terpsmurf

4 minutes ago, Terpsmurf said:

I am looking for some feedback on the sequence I have been working on and finished yesterday after about 16 hours of screen time. Just looking for thoughts on whether to use at Halloween or not, plus thoughts on the way I have squeezed 6 vocal parts into 4 faces for the standard 5 mouth movements. I also created it using 5 faces for my display, but I only use 4 mouth movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgY_eHqLvFo&feature=youtu.be

Your link doesn't work.

As far as the song itself, Halloween is a time to play "almost anything" and get away with it. If you spent 16 hours (screen time) sequencing a song then you should use that song in your show, or you just wasted 16 hours of your life.

As far as vocal parts you have to get constructive some times. I personally love having a lot of vocal parts, more challenging and captures the audience attention and keeps them mesmerized. I do have several sequences that are only soloists. I always try to keep my sequences as close as the group as possible but creativity is the key. I have enough faces where I can have 8 or more parts but I only create them using the standard 4. However I would never change the face movements in order to add a 5th face.

Its better to use what you have at their capacity rather than change the quality to add an additional face IMHO, 4 faces can be 6 easily and nobody really would know the difference. As long as the parts match and you are not leaving off lyrics.

JR

Okay, now try. I guess I forgot to hit publish after the upload. Thank you. Look forward to your opinion.

Did nice job of sequencing.   But for the song choice, will visitors stay and enjoy it or drive away, less enthused...I don't know. Not a fan of the song but would proab ly stay and wait for the next song. But if same type of music, would drive off. 

7 hours ago, Terpsmurf said:

Okay, now try. I guess I forgot to hit publish after the upload. Thank you. Look forward to your opinion.

6 hours ago, mpageler said:

Did nice job of sequencing.   But for the song choice, will visitors stay and enjoy it or drive away, less enthused...I don't know. Not a fan of the song but would proab ly stay and wait for the next song. But if same type of music, would drive off. 

Daniel,

I agree with mpageler - I didn't care for the song. HOWEVER - you were creative enough I actually watched the entire sequence - which I don't normally do - especially if I don't care for the song. So I would say - your mouth movements overall were "a very nice job".

Hey Terpsmurf!! long time no see.....As DibbleJR said, ANY song goes for Halloween. I would definitely put it in your Halloween show if you like it, for you did a fantastic job with those mouth movements. Very impressive.

Great mouth movements, and I, like a lot of others here, don't care for the song either, so I didn't listen/watch it in it's full entirety.  Didn't need to to see how well you accomplished the mouth movements. 

There are a few, "very few" rap type songs I may use in my Halloween display{at present I don't think there are any} and only one close one I use in my Christmas display, but it's been tremendously cleaned up for family consumption{"Santa and I know It"}.    That's my only complaint with the majority of rap songs, the vulgar language, some of the other s*xual innuendos and especially violence the portray, all that I can do without.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked